Chapter 22

A/n: I want to note, this chapter is mostly based off the episode 'Gem of Different Color' from the series 'Dragons: Riders Of Berk'. Now I did make a few changes because wanted to base this off a new charater's POV.

Koby patrolled around the island with Ashaw, eyes on the look out for anything that didn't belong. They flew out father and farther, making a larger circle around the island. So far, it seemed desolate and quiet. Koby only hoped it stayed that way.

°•○▪︎□: Berk :□▪︎○•°

Hiccup had landed on the island as the early sun started to peak above the skyline. Still feeling the thrill after his flightly, Hiccup gave a small cheer. Toothless rumbled and grinned his gummy smile. Hiccup chuckled and dismounted and headed into his house. Today, Hiccup was just happy that nothing bad had happened yet, and that he was expecting to see Y/n in a few days.

Finding a letter placed on his tableside, where Stoick had started placing them, Hiccup walked over with a grin. Toothless walked over and sniffed the letter, finding traces of Y/n's scent. Toothless gave a low rumble as he brushed against Hiccup. Hiccup rubbed the top of Toothless head before opening the letter.

Dear Hiccup,

I regret to inform you that something has come up. I won't be able to make the trip, but I do have something for you when I do see you. I'm positive you'll like it.
Liu has been doing well. Crafting in the blacksmith with me and Haggard. Helping Cherry and the other viking cook. Training with the soilders. He taught me a bit of what he learned. Never thought I'd be able to cook anything and it actually be good.
Remember the first time I tried to cook, I burnt the fish to a crusty crumbled mess. Or the bread I burnt so bad not even the boars wanted it. Even when Gobber tried to teach me, I had somehow burnt the soup to where it just a clumpy, chard mess.
I'm happy to know I got better. Maybe I can make you and your dad something when I get back.
I'm sorry I am not able to visit. I was excited to see you all again. I hope after Ashaw and Koby come back from their scouting mission, I'll be able to see you.
Til then, take care. I love you.

Y/n.

Hicup sighed and set the letter down. Toothless noticed the happiness leaving Hiccup. Worried, Toothless nudged Hiccup.

"She isn't coming bud," Hiccup muttered.

Getting up he left the on his desk and went outside again. To clear his mind, he went to the academy for lessons. Toothless had emerged from the house to follow after him. As he made it, he was confused to see someone new. Another male, who didn't seem any older than himself.

"Hey Gobber, who are they?" Hiccup asked quietly.

They looked over to Hiccup, overhearing him.

"I'm Atlas. I came from Feather Wing Island. Your Y/n's friend right?" The male walked over and held out his hand for Hiccup to shake. "Apologize for her not being able to make it, but duty calls."

Hiccup slowly shook the males hand feeling unsettled. His muscular build, and body evenly in build had Hiccup step back, taking his hand with him.

"How do you know Y/n?" Hiccup asked slowly.

Atlas blinked and offered a smile.

"She and I haven't spoken formally as I am a one of many low ranked soilders. I was sent here to insure nothing bad happens," Atlas spoke with assurance. "They have been having unknown ship sail in their waters. Worst come to worst, they wanted someone here on Berk in case something did happen."

Hiccup felt a chill go down his spine. He wanted to question him. Get more out of him, but Gobber stepped between them.

"Questions can be held for later. Ruffnut, Tuffnut. Grab those shields," Gobber instructed.