Chapter 3

Y/n stood above the cage looking down at Hiccup as he entered the area. As they mocked Hiccup as he entered, Y/n felt consoled seeing Gobber give the Gobber Reassurance. As he explained each dragon they'd face in turn, he stopped at the Gronckle.

Many, Snotlout mostly, seemed on edge when Gobber released the bolder class dragon on them. Scrambling away, the dragon was quick to act. Y/n kept her gaze on Hiccup who, after dodging and weaving about, hid behind a palate against the wall.

"Facing them face to face like that is scary," A familiar voice spoke.

Y/n only glanced to see Liu.

"Facing down such a powerful creature, knowing it just takes one mistake. I envy many here for the lack of fear they show," Liu muttered. "Stoick mostly."

Y/n gave a nod. She understood what he meant by that. Fear had her lock in place several times. Liu and Y/n both tensed seeing Hiccup standing beside Astrid when the dragon took noticed. The Gronkle blasted hitting Hiccup's shield as Astrid dodged.

Shield freed from his grasp, the dragon was quick to take action, and so was Liu. As Hiccup tried to go for his shield before being corned to the wall, Liu had jumped in and dashed over with Gobber behind him. Y/n, however, had climbed on top of the area. Once she was over the dragon, she dropped.

As the last blast hit the ground just shy of Hiccup's boots, Y/n held tightly to the head that shook and jerked. Liu and Gobber quickly assisted and guided the dragon back to the pin. Y/n had be flung off hitting the ground with a thump as they lead it away. 

"Ow..," Y/n groaned sitting up.

Hiccup was next to her in an instant.

"You okay?" Hiccup asked as the dragon was locked up.

"I'm fine. You okay?" Y/n asked looking Hiccup over as he helped her up.

"I'm ok..," Hiccup trailed off looking past her to the class.

Y/n looked behind her to see they all exhausted after that adrenaline rush. Astrid and the others were watching them.

"Now remember!" Gobber called to the class. "A dragon will always, always go for the kill."

Hiccup looked away when Gobber made eye contact with him. He also started to think back on the nightfury. It let him live, but why?

"Thank you for the assistance Liu, Y/n. Wouldn't mind it more in the future," Gobber spoke again addressing them.

The class drew their attention towards Liu. Fishlegs was the first to speak on this.

"Why not train with us?"

Liu laughed.

"I don't think I need it. I've defended myself countless time against them already," Liu smirked before turning to Gobber. "But if you do need assistance Gobber, I'd be willing to help, or offer more along the lines of combat training."

"Good lad. You willin Y/n?" Gobber asked her.

Everyone's eyes were on her. Y/n noticed the class wasn't as welcoming as they were with Liu.

"Not like someone like her would be of much help," Astrid muttered. "She can barely hold an axe."

Y/n felt her stomach drop. It was true. She had a hard time holding a sword steady, but there was more to this than weaponry.

"Maybe your right Astrid. Maybe I am not much help physically," Y/n forced a smiled and shrugged. "But before I go, I do want to express a few things."

Gobber shifted and smirk knowing exactly were this was going. Y/n had a knack with that silver tongue of her. Some vikings swore that Loki blessed her with that silver tongue.