Chapter 2

Y/n chuckled seeing Hiccup rushing in the blacksmith as dragons roared over head.

"Your late to the party," Y/n chuckled, sweat dripping from her brow.

"Thought you'd been carried off," Gobber shot in.

"What? Who? Me? Nah, come on. I'm way to muscler for their taste," Hiccup answered, straining to lift one of the weapons. "They won't know what to do with all.. this."

Y/n chuckled at Hiccup trying to reflex.

"Well they need toothpicks don't they?" Gobber asked.

Hiccup ignored him as Y/n threw a pebble in his direction.

"Hey, watch it lass," Gobber snapped as it bounced off his head.

Y/n stuck her tongue out and went to the window to help Hiccup get the weapons, before handing the vikings at the windows new ones. Bustling about Y/n noticed a distracted look in Hiccups eyes as he stared out the window.

The fire fighter team, as Y/n referred to them as, were trying to put out a fire. Astrid seemed to be the only one able to get a small patch out before the place blew up behind her. Hiccup went to follow, only for Gobber to pull him back in.

"Ah come on, let me out please," Hiccup begged. "I need to make my mark!"

"Oh you've made plenty of marks," Gobber started setting him down. "All in the wrong places."

Y/n rolled her eyes and glanced back out the window. Liu was covering a group of younger kids to safety from the fire that seemed to never stop. Y/n turned just in time to duck as an airborne object came flying.

"See now, this right here is I'm talking about," Gobber started up again approaching Hiccup.

Y/n shook her head and handed out more weapons hardly listening to the two behind her. It wasn't until after Gobber left did Hiccup walk over and give a quick hug.

"Wish me luck!"

Y/n grumbled as Hiccup rushed put with his new invention she helped him make.

"He'll never learn, but may as well insure he doesn't get himself killed," Y/n muttered to herself as she trailed after.

She was quickly spotted by Liu.

"Where are you goin'?" Liu asked trotting over. "Aren't you needed in the blacksmith?"

Hiccups scream was all the answer Liu needed as Y/n turned to try and spot him. Not seeing him automatically, she rushed to the noise. Liu trailed after with slight hesitation, eyeing back at the blacksmith. Rushing over they found a Monstrous Nightmare breathing fire in Hiccups direction.

Luckily Stoick had come to aid Hiccup as well. Y/n rushed to Hiccup as Liu went to flank Stoick.

"You okay?" Y/n asked.

Before Hiccup could answer, the post he hid behind toppled over. The top rolled down the hill freeing recently caught dragons. Every thump it made down hill made Hiccup wince.

"Sorry.. Dad..," Hiccup broke off.

Y/n rubbed Hiccups back soothingly as the dragon made off with Berks supplies and food.

"Okay, but I hit a Nightfury."

Stoick plucked Hiccup away and started dragging him away. Y/n stumbled a bit and followed.

"It's not like the last few time dad! I mean I really actually hit it. I had a very clear shot! It went down just off Raven Point-"

Just like that, Y/n rushed off to the location. May as well insure that the dragon is still there. If so, find it and prove to the village Hiccup was right. Running towards the trees, Y/n paused. Scanning the trees, she found no eyes, but took a cautionary step into the treeline.