Chapter 11

Liu opened and let them into his hut.

"There you are dear, I was hoping you didn't leave with them," a broadly built woman smiled as she embraced Liu. "Who is.. Salem? Oh thank the gods, where have you been?"

Salem chuckled and greeted the woman with a hug. A man, wobbled from a room over. He had a walking stick and a prosthetic leg. Burns along the right side of his face and arm. Right eye milky.

"Salem?" His voice was sratchy. "Oh goodness me, I thought you dead. Go clean up Liu, this a time to celebrate."

Salem offered the man a kind smile. Liu felt bitterness in his throat when he wasn't greeted as kindly by his father. It wasn't abnormal, but it still irked him.

"Sit, sit! You must tell us what happened," Liu's father beamed.

Liu watched his parents lead Salem to a seat to explain what had happened. Ashaw was tugged along as well leaving Liu and Cherry at the entry way.

"We had stood and fought. Ashaw and I woke you with nothing but carnage around us. A few dozen people were still alive," Salem explained grimly. "Guess the gods decided to spare us."

The woman nodded and sighed sitting down. Salem noticed Cherry talking to Liu before they both left. He said nothing, trusting his betrothal.

"What is going on here? Fighting dragons?" Salem asked.

"And what happened to mom?" Ashaw asked confused still on why she was gone. "Our sister?"

The woman looked sober. With a deep sigh she explained the long story of the struggles with the dragons. The behavior of them. How they took Valka from Stoick and Hiccup. How the they taken Athena. How many of their original tribe had left for the northern lands. How Y/n growing up with Stoick and Gobber. Her upcoming in the village. Her relationships with those around her. And to the current events. They had also spoken fondly of Hiccup as well.

Ashaw had sat, unable to understand or comprehend his mother's disappearance, or the village leaving. He did, however, feel pride for his sisters accomplishments. Salem, in comparison, had sat still as stone. It brought on conflicting emotions about everything that has happened. And about Hiccup.

"Where is the healers hut?" Salem asked.

The man had chuckled. Eyes warm, but they looked cold to Ashaw. He recognized the look. Desperation. Ashaw's hand twitched realizing they just want to keep Salem here to talk, not caring about what they wanted.

"Eager as you may be, I suggest waiting. This will be a lot for her," the man paused and smiled.

"Agreed. Besides, I want to know what our future chiefs have been up too," the woman smiled brightly. "Surely you've had plenty of adventures after the war."

Salem and Ashaw shared a look and gave false smiles. Salem picked up on what it was they wanted and gave. Just like that, they sat and told their stories.

°•○●○•°

"She's in the healers hut, yes?"

Liu gazed at her to find Cherry gazing back at him. She didn't seem as threatening as the other two. The again, she was had to have just a few inches taller than Gothi. Short, but built.

"I'm well trained in healing. I may be able to help," Cherry spoke kindly.

Liu was hesitant, but caved. Gothi could only do so much.

"Fine."

Liu and Cherry went to head off without a word to those in the main room. Cherry had hesitanted, and followed after. As they walked to the healers hut, Cherry couldn't shake the familiarity. You really do remind me of him. You even look like him.