Chapter 21

Dear Hiccup,

I wish you could have met Haggard. I think you would have liked him. He is the black smith here. Nice guy. Oh, Liu said we should visit Berk soon, but I haven't found the time. Salem and Ashaw had been showing me the ropes on how to run the village incase something happens. Luckily Koby has been a great help in this endeavor. Hope to see you soon.

Y/n

Hiccup gentle picked up his writing utensil and stared at the blank parchment. He had wanted to say something, but he didn't know what to write. What could he tell her? It was also late, but Hiccup wanted to write back as soon as possible. Given a month or so, Y/n could come back to visit with Liu if she wasn't too busy. Hiccup could hardly wait. He just hoped Alvin wouldn't be a problem when they did visit.

Yawning Hiccup set the utensil aside, deciding to sleep. He'd sleep on what he wanted to say. He'll write back tomorrow.

"Goodnight Toothless."

Toothless rumbled snuggling deeper into his stone palate. Hiccup smiled lightly and turned looking out the small exit window for Toothless.

"Goodnight Y/n."

°•○●:Feather Wing Island:●○•°

Koby and Y/n sat at the cliffside, feet dangling off the edge. The sun hadn't peeked over the waters yet, but the sky was slowly turning purple and pink. Over the past few days, Koby had made sure Y/n had adjusted well on the island and with her responsibilities on the island.

"So Hiccup is your best friend at Berk?" Koby asked.

Y/n nodded looking out past the ocean. Somewhere out there Hiccup was out there with Toothless. Y/n sighed missing them both dearly. Koby noticed and offered a smile. They were suppose to be going over the duties she would potentially have today when the village woke, but she had been on top of it for awhile. A break was need.

Koby decided he'd talk to Salem and Ashaw about him taking the reins for the day. Give the siblings a break til late noon, but right now he didn't have to worry about it. He had an hour or so before the village was awake.

"Well, it won't be too long before your first visit back so why not make him something?" Koby offered. "Like a new sword or nifty blanket? Or you could find something in the market place. There is a wide variety of things to buy and trade."

Y/n smiled and laughed lightly. She had been trying to get the sword done, but she had been incredibly busy.

"Well, I was working on a sword, but it won't be done in time for when I do visit," Y/n shrugged.

Koby hummed lightly, thinking.

"Oh, how about a dream catcher?" Koby's eyes were filled with excitement. "I could show you how to make them. I use to make them with my mother when I was little. They were meant to catch all the bad dreams so all you had where good ones."

Y/n blinked at his rapid pace he spoke at. He sounded like a child on Snoggletog morning.

"I'll make you and Liu one. I'm surprised I didn't think to do it sooner," Koby scratched the back of his head embarrassed. "I'll show you what they look like so you can decide if you want to or not. But I am making you and Liu one."