Chapter 7

"Watch it!"

A fire blast landed just inches from the campers on the beach. Four dragons stood and roared at a flying feather fury. The feather fury growled, landing on the sand.

"Easy guys," a tall, built man cooed to the dragons. "Easy. It's alright."

"Salem, careful. That feather fury looks like it's been hunted," a tall, stocky man warned as he tried soothing the dragons. "Or atleast was in the hands of hunters."

A short female with a curvy build had stood next to the four bitter dragon, trying to calm them as well.

"That looks more like another dragon had tussled with him," the tallest, Salem muttered.

The feather fury roared again, only it looked more agitated and angry. It gave another roar before flying away.

"That was the third time," the woman grumbled.

"Easy Cherry. We may be exploiting his territory," Salem spoke, small smile forming. "Wouldn't be too happy if you had uninvited guest, would you?"

Cherry rolled her honey eyes, red hair in a tight neat braid. Several small ones where weaved in.

"Unfortunately I can't breath fire to try and chase those people off."

Both male laughed.

"Oh please, your personality will scare them away for you,"

"Shut it Ashaw, or will I have to shut you up myself?" Cherry asked, knife flipping in her hand.

The death gripper in the group growled at her. A skrill had growled back at the death gripper in warning. The largest of the two roared and stood between the two, glaring at them both. Ashaw only laughed as Salem tried to ease the larger dragon.

"Gods, you two are insufferable together," Salem spoke, small smirk on his face. "A really spark to a flame."

Ashaw blue eyes narrowed. Soot colored hair was ruffled in places.

"She's your betrothal," Ashaw spoke. "Unless you are trying to pawn her to me, I'll politely decline."

Cherry hit Ashaw rough on the arm, honey eyes blazing angrily.

"Damn," Ashaw winced holding his arm. "And you wonder why I declined."

Salem's brown eyes held amusement as his long brown hair shook as he shook his head. Two thick dutch braids combining into one, had thumped lightly against his back.

"Cherry having more balls that you just makes me like her more," Salem smiled.

The dragons all grumbled and went to lay around the unlit campfire. The smaller feathered dragon had went and sat staring out towards the horizon. Where the feathered fury had flown.

"Heading off again?" Cherry asked the smaller dragon.

It reached her shoulders, but still the smallest of the group. The dragon turned and stared at them before back to the horizon.

"Becareful. Berk isn't as friendly as we are," Salem warned.

The dragon let out a chirp before heading off.

"Do you still think mom is there with our baby sister?" Ashaw asked watching the dragon fly away. "I mean, you would think if she was still there, Berk would have adapted to live with dragons. Even with our refugees, it's just... shocking."

"I know. All we can do is hope they are still there. Be easier to bring our dragons and the rest of the survivors. Warriors and dragons alike," Salem muttered.