Chapter 25

Y/n was awoken by shouts and the smell of smoke. Jolting up, she found her dragon nowhere to be seen. The sound of dragons roaring and metal clashing had Y/n's hair stand. Frightful, Y/n grabbed her selfcrafed blade. It's light weight had aidded in her keeping a firm grip without taking much effort to use. Rushing out, Y/n stood in utter disbelief and horror.

The village was filled with fire and smoke, she could hardly breath. Around her Y/n found people and dragons clashing. Not the village people, but invaders. The villagers here seemed to have been defending themselves against the invaders and armored dragons, thoses of which she hasn't seen before.

Y/n nearly jumped out of skin when D/n landed next her her. His wings singed, his white feathers stained red. Y/n approach cautionly, only to realize most of the blood wasn't his own.

"D/n, hey bud..," Y/n made her self know to the dragon while keeping an eye on the chaos. "What's going on.."

D/n turned to her and moved infront and growled at the ongoing fight. Y/n slowly moved herself next to him carefully trying to figure out how to help.

"Y/n!"

Y/n turned to find Liu rushing over. Y/n went to say something, but he quickly gripped her arm and weaved threw the fighting around them. D/n kept the invaders away as Liu led her to safety.

"What's going on?!" Y/n called over the chaos.

"Some guy's came and attacked us while we were sleeping! They were trying to drag us away, or something," Liu's explained. "They didn't get far before Koby had tolled the bell awaking everyone."

"They're kidnapping us?!" Y/n asked bewildered. "Why?"

Liu shrugged and blocked a blow coming from his right. Y/n was quick to cover Liu's left when someone else tried to attack. Blow after harsh blow, Liu and Y/n tried to keep up. It wasn't until Moonstone aidded them. One was batted away with her tail while the other was hit with a well aimed blast. Moonstone roared loudly before aidding the others. D/n rushed over and stopped a few others from making it to Y/n and Liu.

"Come on," Liu instructed.

Pulling Y/n to a small hole under some shrubbery, Y/n went to question him, but Liu shoved her down into it. Y/n yelped as the ground seemed to have gave way before shifting back into place. Y/n yelled as she slide down the tunnel before landing with a thump.

"Oh thank the gods!"

Y/n was greeted by Cherry. Face covered in dirt.

"I thought you where captured," Cherry breathed. "Come on, help me with the injured."

Y/n followed after Cherry and found a room full of injured people. Faces she recognized. What was to be her people, huddled up scared, covered in battle wounds, and others in dirt. Some had red wrist from with could have been rope. Y/n's hand trembled lightly as fear kicked in.

"What happened?" Y/n questioned as she followed Cherry closely. "Why are we being attacked?"

"They are hunters," Cherry breathed pulling out more of her helping reserves. "And they don't just capture dragons."

Y/n tensed and looked to Cherry. Cherry's face was white, eyes wide, her face breaking out into a sweat. Y/n carefully placed a hand on Cherry's arm.

"We'll be okay," Y/n whispered. "They aren't going to find us.."

Y/n trailed off as the ground vibrated. Dirt fell in flakes from the ceiling.

"If we aren't buried alive first," a small girl's voice was quiet.