Chapter 6

"Hey, Hiccup. Toothless."

Hiccup and Toothless both turned to find Y/n approaching. She had a fish in hand. Tossing it to Toothless who ate it happily, Y/n sat down on a rock next to them. Toothless purred and rubbed his head against her.

"What took you so long?" Hiccup asked as Toothless rested his head on Y/n's lap. "He didn't want to leave the cove without you."

Y/n chuckled as she scratches his scaley head.

"Gothi had need my help with making more cough medicine. Someone had a cough and she was determined to catch it before it spread," Y/n smiled pressing her nose against Toothlesses nose. "Then had to insure she had extra supplies for when Stoick returned. Burn cream, bandages, and such."

Hiccup nodded staring at Toothless briefly before looking back at Y/n.

"Do you think he's okay?" Hiccup asked.

Toothless ceased his nuzzling sensing Hiccup's change. Y/n turned and gave a reassuring smile.

"He's the toughest man I've ever know. Also stubborn," Y/n added. "He'll come back. He wouldn't leave you Hiccup."

Hiccup gave a small chuckle and rubbed his hand over Toothless's head.

"Yea. Your right," Hiccup muttered, a small smile forming. "Besides, he wouldn't leave you behind either."

Y/n gave a small smile and slid down the rock. Taking Hiccup's hand, Y/n place her hand on Toothless nose.

"We won't leave you either Hiccup," Y/n smiled.

Toothless purred in agreement nudging Hiccup. Hiccup laughed and rubbed Toothless head.

"Come on. We're flying today," Hiccup beamed, determination in his eyes.

As Y/n and Hiccup turned to Toothless who turned letting them on. Hiccup adjusted his foot as Y/n sat behind him, and gripped his midsection.

"Just so you know.. if I fall and you don't catch me, I'll haunt you," Y/n warned.

Hiccup laughed as Toothless spread his wings.

"Wouldn't dream of letting you fall," Hiccup smiled at her.

Y/n opened her mouth only to shut it quickly. Toothless has shot upwards as they headed to the backside of the island. The wind swished and whipped around them as Toothless glided skillfully.

Just in the tree line was two feathered dragons. One larger than the other. Both had stared watching the vikings on the Nightfury's back. Both gave quiet coos and rumbles before turning to leave.

"You okay Y/n?" Hiccup asked looking behind him.

Y/n was shaking as she held close to him.

"Fine.. Just don't crash," Y/n warned.

Hiccup chuckled and turned back to Toothless.

"Alright bud, we're gonna take it nice and slow," Hiccup instructed as he checked on Y/n and cheat sheet. "Here we go. Here we go.. postion three, no four!"

Y/n glanced at the sheet then Hiccup. As Hiccup worked on setting the prosthetic the it's correct position, lending downwards towards Toothless's head.

"Alright, it's go time. It's go time," Hiccup spoke mostly to himself. "Come on. Come on buddy. Come on buddy!"

Y/n held keeping herself close as they neared the water. Lining up, they flew under a sea stack. Hiccup looked thrilled having Y/n ease a bit for a moment. Just for a moment as a sea stack came up on them. Toothless, unable to turn, hit the rock.