Chapter 5

As they left the cove, Hiccup had stopped and gazed at his hand. Y/n paused and snickered.

"You have gained the beast trust," Y/n smirked. "You'd be the first to do so here on Berk. How do you feel?"

Hiccup let his hand fall as he look up at Y/n.

"Surprised," Hiccup answered.

He felt other things, he just didn't know how to put it to words. Y/n smiled and patted his shoulder.

"Come on dragon boy, we need to get back before dark."

"Dragon boy?" Hiccup asked walking next to Y/n.

Y/n laughed and turned walking backwards.

"Yeah. Seeing how you had us actively approach him," Y/n drawled out.

Hiccup rolled his eyes, a smirk on his lips. Y/n felt her cheek burn a bit before she tripped and hit a tree. Hiccup caught her, and stabled her.

"You okay klutz?" Hiccup chuckled.

Y/n shoved him gentle with a laugh.

"Oh shove it dragon boy."

Hiccup narrowed his eyes before an evil look came across his face. Y/n knew that look all to well.

"No. Hiccup.. no. Don't even think about it," Y/n spoke, arms held out to try and keep him away. "Please. Have mercy. I beg."

Hiccup lunged and started to reach in a tickling motion. Y/n squeal and back herself into the tree. Her arms were closer to herself. Instantly she dropped curling up, trying to protect herself to no avail. Hiccup laughed with her as she tried desperately to escape.

"Okay, okay! I yield!" Y/n wheeze squirming back while pushing his hands away. "Stooop!"

Hiccup laughed and pulled his hands back.

"Take it back then," Hiccup smirked.

"Take what back?" Y/n asked, sinking herself to the ground.

"Dragon boy."

Y/n snickered and sat up a bit.

"Why? It's fitting. Just how klutz is fitting for yours truly," Y/n smiled.

Hiccup shook his head standing up. Helping her up as well they started walking again.

"Fine. Klutz," Hiccup remarked.

Y/n shook her head and nudged him.

"Race you," Y/n smirked. "Dragon boy."

Hiccup blinked and smiled. Giving a nod they both paused and counted down before running. Both blissfully ignorant of the dragon that was above them. It tilted it's feathered head, clicked it's beak like mouth, and gracefully flew away.

Flying over Berk, over the vast ocean, and towards it's horizon. It was near moon high when it reached an island with a campfire on it's beaches. Landing, it trotted up towards a group of two males and a female. One tossed the dragon a fish as three other dragons greeted it. A larger feathered dragon, a Skrill, and a Death Gripper.

Greeting it's scaly friends, it approached the larger male nudging his side before laying next to him, exhausted. It had fallen asleep to the gentle strokes along it's spine.

°•□▪︎■▪︎□•°

Hiccup rushed down the steps with new information. Determination in his steps as he rushed for the blacksmith, but was stopped by familiar voices. Creeping up to it, he heard voices.