Council Meeting

Calli pov: "Bae!?" I said in shock, looking at everyone around the room. I noticed Ollie was just as shocked as me. I wanted to ask why, but Bae quickly answered my question.

"Hi Irys, Calli, and Mother!" Bae said, waving. I looked at Ollie in shock.
"Wait, mother..." I said, realizing that that meant Ollie was my mother. "I'm Bae's sister," I said. Ollie looked as confused as me.

"I adopted Bae. I didn't know she had a sister! " Ollie shouted, quickly realizing that I was her daughter too.

"Okay, this day is going to fucking fast. Does anyone else have any bombshells to drop on me now? " Irys, clearing her throat, sounding like she was nervous,

"Calli, I'm Bae's fiance." Irys said I started breathing heavily. I couldn't believe my ears. "WHAT THE FUCK!?" I yelled in disbelief.

Mumei slammed her gavel on her podium, growling, "Shut up, you insolent worm, the meeting can't start until the room is silent." She made sure her presence was known throughout the room.

Bae bargained with Mumei for her to go easy on us, and she scoffed in annoyance.
"You're too nice, Bae," she spat, ending the conversation then and there.

"I'm not ending this here! When the hell did you become my sister's fiance!?" I said, glaring at Irys.

"You were in your room for four months. A lot happened," she calmly said, knowing I couldn't be mad at her.

"It seems like you do have some emotions after all, Calli." Kiara mocked. I could tell she was still angry. Ollie looked like she was about to try to shut Kiara up herself as she stormed towards her.

Mumei started to laugh, "If you're about to fight them, make sure to paint the entire room red!" She giggled as the other council members glared at her

"I'm sorry for Meimei's outbursts, but she's too adorable. We don't want to punish her." Sana said.

"That's right, no need to fight." Bae sighed, ignoring what Sana had just said completely.

Fauna and Kronii didn't seem to have any input on the matter, but they were just angry glaring at each other since someone thought it was a good idea to have their podiums next to each other

The meeting went on as normal, although there was no point in having it since I found Kiara, which was really the whole purpose of it. It lasted around two hours.
Mumei awoke from her deep sleep, asking excitedly, "Is it time for the sacrifices yet?" The rest of the council sighed but nodded, knowing it would end the meeting faster.

"Reine, you can come along if you want to choose one sacrificial lamb to spare for your romantic needs. Kiara, you too, "Mumei said. For some reason, it didn't sit right with me.

Before the three could exit, I stopped Mumei, who told Kiara and Reine to go on without her. "Do you mind if I speak with you for a moment?" I asked. She nodded. I could tell she was annoyed.

"I'm not sure where you got the audacity to approach me, Calli." Mumei said, hiding her malice as she listened in to what I had to say

"Your servants aren't really absent are they?" I asked. She sighed, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"No, they aren't. They are in the other room. However, I don't see why that is of concern to a creature like you. " Mumei growled in annoyance.

"Meimei, what is taking you so long?" Sana asked, walking up to Mumei, who just quickly shooed her away.

"I'll be there in a minute after this worm finishes talking to me." Mumei abruptly said. I could tell she wanted to end this conversation fast

"What is your relationship with Kiara!?" I blurted out. She just looked at me and started to laugh.

"Oh, you're interested in Kiara now, aren't you?" she asked, her face turning cold.

"Well, if you must know, she is a friend now leave me alone," She scoffed as she walked out of the room, I didn't even notice Ollie was still standing next to me.

She tried to comfort me, but I told her to just go on ahead and watch the sacrifices. I wasnt in the mood to witness death. I just wanted to be alone. Ollie reluctantly left me alone, leaving me in silence.

"Calli what's wrong?" A familiar voice said I slowly looked up revealing the blonde girl I had met earlier

"Everything has just gone to shit," I sobbed, trying to hold back my tears as much as possible. "I fucked up and I can't fix it. Kiara is going to hate me forever! " I yelled as my tears started pouring from my eyes.

I watched as Ame lifted her arm and held her hand out, "Let's talk about this over tea, shall we?" I nodded and grabbed her hand to let her pull me up. She walked out of the room fast. I made sure to follow her close behind.

We made our way through a corridor. Eventually, we made it to a large metal door. "This is the servants' living quarters. Mumei made it. " Ame said. I gulped. I was expecting some sort of torture chamber, but I was mistaken.

The room was well lit and spacious. The room was filled with color. It was like a safe haven of sorts. I looked around the room and saw two girls lounging around at the table.

One girl had white hair with baby blue and cobalt blue colored streaks in it. She had blue eyes and a shark hoodie on with a trident leaning on her shoulder.

The other girl had purple hair with orange flaps that I wanted to tug and squeeze. She was holding a book and had tenticals protruding from her.

Ame cleared her throat and began to speak, "Let me introduce them. These are Mumei's servants, Ninomae Ina'nis, Ina for short, and Gawr Gura." Ame said I nodded.

"You two must be happy that Mumei isn't around, right?" I asked, getting glares from the two girls. I gulped, realizing this was going to be awkward.