CHAPTER 11

'My wife is 10 weeks pregnant now

'My wife is 10 weeks pregnant now.'

MICHAEL

Anna filed for a divorce.

" You're moping."

Jesse's lips curl with a frown as he downs his second glass of whiskey this morning and I've barely touched mine. it's been two months without Anna and i feel fucking awful. the disgusting hallow feeling in my chest keeps growing with each passing day. i can't forgive myself for all the things i said, they way i treated her...and how she looked at me with so much hurt in her eyes.

I glare at him, "I don't fucking mope." I said.

For whatever reason my father decided to call an early meeting with just the three of his precious sons, I don't fucking know.

"You sure are." He counters, pouring himself another glass and my heart clenched. Since Miya's death his been drowning himself in every damn bottle of alcohol he could find. Our conference rooms don't house any alcohol but he still finds a way to get one.

I look over to my left silently pleading with Zephan to shut him up. He just calmly stared at me with his hand resting on his cheek.

" Father should be here soon. Put away the drinks, Malvin." Zephan's deep voice sternly cuts through the stale air.
He's always so calm and moves with precision. Jesse snarls but does so anyway. I quickly finish mine as well and composed myself just as the door opened and our old man struts through confidently.

"Good morning"

"There's nothing good about this morning. just get to the point." Jesse snaps, pinning him with a glare that didn't go unnoticed.
Javan chuckled, suddenly the humor dried up. His face hardened and then the man we all know too well resurfaced.

" I didn't call you in here for a pity party. We have an issue. Kim Kageyama has brought to my attention a great need to withdraw from our partnership."

Zephan clears his throat, "He's been proving difficult from beginning father, this shouldn't be a surprise." He said.

"You might be right." The old man agreed, nodding his head.

"He is, right." I cut through, looking up at him.
The old man exhales, then begins walking around the long table. Watching each one of us.

"If anything, he needs us. Yes, we do want to expand in Japan but he needs us to lay down the foundation for his company here, in the United States. We could always find another way to expand.  he withdraws from us? he loses, and we still win." I added firmly.

" it's all about honesty—"

"We've been generously honest, father." Jesse chuckled, no humor in tact. " he's trying to make this a personal game now. And you can't help but kiss ass. We owe Our clients the best we can provide. But we can't control their decisions and it seems he's made up his mind for a while now." He said.