PROLOGUE

ANNA

ANNA

The bustling noise and rush of the activities of the morning fills the atmosphere as I walk down the sidewalk. I smile up at the sky, slide one hand into the pocket of my winter coat, making my way down the busy street. Today is a good day. Although, technically not a lot of people like or even tolerate Monday's.

It's me. I'm one of them, Depending on how it starts and how I feel.

Mom's, dad's—men, women, altogether, getting caught up in the rush of the morning. Teenagers and little people running around to catch their school buses. Business men glaring and quickly swallowing the pavement with each heavy stride to get to their respective jobs.
The cute old couple's holding hands while strolling down the sidewalk slowly—swoon.

The refreshing smell of the caramel coffee in my hand, loaded with a mountain of whip cream serves as the reminder to look forward to a splendid day.

The city of Pavilon, not so big nor small. It housed about 30 thousand people—All kinds and diverse of people. That's what I loved about it. The hospitality and wonderful foods, venues, places and the people where nice.

the rich, the middle class and the lowers. But life...being unfair made the morning seem like everyone rushing to the metro station or trying to catch the public bus were equal.

I blow out a puff of smoke, the cruel chill of the season of winter crippling my face.
My phone goes off, and I shrug off my tote diggin in search for it.

"Hey boogie" I chirp, a smile covering my face although the other person on the line is unable to see.

"Anna! You left without saying goodbye!" she yelled at me, the excitement in her voice . My best friend since high school rumbled on the other side of the phone. I could only laugh at her.

"Calm down, I'm the one starting my internship today Miya." she laughs. I imagine her brushing her wild hair off her face, rolling her eyes.

I strut down the sidewalk pocketing my free hand, cars zooming past us with the wind in tow.

"I know..." her voice trails off. "I just wanted to check in on you, before heading to my shift at Gabe's. I love you lots! Go kick ass and Have an amazing first day!"

"Carmiya Marie Montgomery! What would I do without you?" I laugh, coming to a stop at the crosswalk.

"Um?...you'll be bored to death."
The sass in her voice and Her giggles fuel mine. The Heart of the city had a huge shopping center that housed grocery stores, restaurants, Hair and Nail salons, barber shops—providing the city with every essential need.

"And I love you too." I told her. We hush out our goodbyes quickly before hanging up as I came to a stop.

On the other side of the road, sat one of the largest corporations in the state. Padmore CORP:The vitality tower. A multi billion company that houses diverse businesses built from the scratch by Javan Padmore. Hotel management's, and real estate development. In the past years they've expanded their range beyond the walls of Maryland, Pavilon and
have successfully reached the outside world.