CHAPTER 19

'My wife is five months pregnant today

'My wife is five months pregnant today.'

June

ANNA

The scorching sun today was enough for me to retreat back into the cool covers of my bed. But I had to go to work this morning. I rolled out of bed-not literally since I can't do that anymore and it sucks. But, my baby means everything to me so if it means i have to sleep on my side till he or she gets here, i will. I did my business in the bathroom and got ready to leave. Mrs. Violet had the day off today to visit her family so i didn't have breakfast, but honestly i wasn't feeling my appetite that much either.

Now, Why did I get married? to a crazy man who cannot take a simple 'no' for an answer? I can't give you any reason. Although on another bright day I would have probably told you it's because I'm hopelessly in love with him.

__________

Michael showed up this morning to his parents house with a cup of iced caramel coffee and a bouquet of flowers trying to work his way into my heart.

"Good morning" his beautiful smile sits there on his face.

"Michael..."

He politely ignores me, "here, I got you coffee." He pushes the medium sized, cold cup into my hands with loads of whip cream and caramel drizzled on top. delicious, just like, i like it.

"I already had some yesterday-" he frowns at me.

"you didn't, little raven." I stutter softly. How does he-He came. Today, he came with the good tidings himself. I gape at the man for a while, before snapping out of it and composing myself.

"I'm sorry but I can't help but watch you...from afar. And I know you can't have much caffeine now, so-yea." He says, his dark brows bunch up into a scowl. His deep voice still soothes my ears. He sounds a little out of breath. I remain still, looking at him. His face, those dark eyes and build causing havoc on my inside I refuse to acknowledge. Michael takes a step closer, his tongue darts out to wet his lips and my eyes shamelessly follow out of habit.

"Anna," he calls out. a taste of agony and it does something to my heart. I'm not ready to face him yet. The walls I've built these past months are already threatening to crumble and he hasn't even touched me yet. I need more time.

For what?

To play hard to get and just ward him off even though my whole- entire being wants to give him a chance.

I swallow, shaking my head. I shove the pretty roses into his chest, but I keep the coffee. Michael takes the flowers and his fingers almost brush past mine. I quickly withdraw my hand but he manages to slip the tiny card into my hand.