CHAPTER 10

Third person POV*sorry*

TRIGGER WARNING!

READERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

"when you touch my family— trying to mess up my hard work. The kind soul I possess just seems to fold back and then the sour girl I've tucked away, would come out to play."

_ANNA MARA JOHANSSON.

Michael was seated on the couch in the well decorated minimalist environment, filled with soft looking couches and tables made of fine wood

Michael was seated on the couch in the well decorated minimalist environment, filled with soft looking couches and tables made of fine wood. Paintings and picture frames of the couple hung on the white walls proudly.

It's been a month without her. his hand shot up as he ran it over his face. He stared at the picture. Beautiful, was the only word that his brain would come up with when he looked at her; just that one word. It embodied everything about her. Her smile, as she looked directly into the camera. Her laugh, he could only envision it. The sense of peace written all over her in the picture. The trees and the sun helped compliment her glowing brown skin; it was just pure heaven.

Michael zoned out as he continued to admire the photograph on the phone. It's quite pathetic, how he had to beg Mason for his own wife's picture because he refused to stop being an idiot and check on her, let alone pick up her calls for the first few days a month ago. Suddenly she stopped. After his brutal words in his office.

' And you're proud of that!' Mason shot at him. He sometimes wondered why his best friend still stuck around. He'd been a complete jerk to his sister yet he was still lurking the wall of his home.

That's how big his ego has gotten . Refusing to talk to her nor hear her out was stupid. Now, he's lost her.

He missed the crap out of her, mumbling to himself, " did you say something sir?" Anastasia asked. Right. She was here. He was so caught up staring that he forgot he was not alone.

"no" he replied, shooting her a glare, the frown returning to his features. with her heated gaze on him she shrugged.

" sure. Then, can we go on with the meeting" she offered, looking at him with those filthy desired filled eyes. Why he chose to be in a room alone with his best friend's ex lover was beyond. But he wouldn't just hurt Mason like that. So he gave him a heads up about the meeting. Whatever jealous game Anastasia was playing was like a plane glass door. He could see right through. And riling Mason up was the last thing she should be doing.