CHAPTER 25

ANNA

ANNA

You filed for a divorce.

Yes. I did, five months ago, and the papers still don't have my signature on it, rather they've been collecting dust, sitting on the nightstand by the bed. Michael's been trying so hard, closing in on me. I allowed him to take me to my appointment, he happily sits with me at work even though I don't say a word to him. And...The letters he sends every day. The way he struggled with himself even on paper.

|~*~*~*~*~*~|

'Anna,

I know this might feel weird with me writing to you. But, I miss you terribly... every day. And this is probably the best way I could talk to you, since you're now in the hands of my mother and we can't play 'heads or tails'.
I know I don't have the right but, I'm sorry and I was wrong for everything that I said. What I put you through...I-f*ck!'

|~*~*~*~*~*~|

Yes. He cussed on paper.

|~*~*~*~*~*~|

' Anna,
It's been a month without you. Nothing I do is working for me, I can't sleep-it's been long, since I did this. My mind is going faster than my hand. It's ridiculous. It's like I have a lot to say to you-no. Words can't transcribe the amount of remorse and terror I feel. Do you remember? When you asked me what I feared the most?

I let you down, my love and it's tearing me apart.'

|~*~*~*~*~*~|

But he didn't stop there, he still kept trying. In-person and through his inks. Every day, it was his way of filling me in on his life. Trying to use his words and his actions to communicate how resentful he was. He still came over to the hospital. It bothered me, at first. but then, at some point, I started enjoying it. I wanted him to show up because it was never like that after we got married. The Consistency, when he kept pestering me years ago as a nursing intern it disappeared.
Now , he takes time off from his busy schedule for me. To show me that he loved me, not only by words.

|~*~*~*~*~*~|

' little star,
I missed the appointment you had set up for me. I know, you would've been mad at me. Maybe I intentionally missed it so you would have no choice but to come to me. But you didn't. I can't even believe I said that.

It's...just- the thought of anyone else but you touching me. Uh-it's-I don't like it. No one understands me like you do. So yea, I didn't go. Childish or not, I simply don't care what anyone thinks but you. It's been a few days and I am honestly in a lot of pain writing this now. It's probably not advisable and it will probably affect my healing process but I don't care.'