CHAPTER 62

TRIGGER WARNING!

ANNA

/////( five) days

November 11th...

A gust of wind. Cold air. It's freezing—I'm freezing. The sharp pain below my bump and the cold sweat drenching the bed, forced my eye lids open. the erratic state of someone  breathing startled me, but then i realized it was coming from me. What's going on?. I was sweating profusely. Drenched even.

i moaned in pain, my throat was dry. And the sting in my ribs didn't help, making it hard to breathe. my eyelids where still heavy but i was able to catch a glimplse of the window-it's still broken. And its still dark outside. i stretched my hands trying to resuscitate my limbs to move. no avail. This is the longest nightmare I've ever been in.

Somebody wake me up.

i swallowed the strangled sob in my throat. I can breathe. I'm breathing. my breath quickened turning to pants.

I was alive.

the sharp pain returned, moving so quick through my lower belly i groaned rolling over onto my side.

"Michael..."

I whispered closing my eyes. why is he not here to help me. Is he even looking for me—

stop it!

no.

they must be illusions, painting a picture from my pain. i forced my eyes open, and darkness welcomed me once again. pulling the covers off me, I found out it wasn't only  cold sweat, but my water broke. the spot in which i laid was drenched. soaking wet. slowly i crawled down the side of the bed, trying to be as quiet as i could.
my daughter was coming.

good God.

the little movement i made ignited another pinch of pain, biting down on my teeth to stop my self from screaming. Releasing a shaky breath instead, the tears silently rolled down onto my shirt. i was on my hands and knees, crawling my way into the connected bathroom. the floor was ice cold and dusty. i moved towards the rail pulling onto the towel hanging. It  fell to  the floor.

i breathed, "Okay, I'm getting somewhere." i encouraged crawling back to the room to pull off the covers and the sheets, dragging it with me into the small space I was preparing to have my daughter in. it wasn't enough but that will do for now.

the sound of people talking halted my hands and knees. i was so still, listening in, praying that he doesn't walk in. After a while, when it was clear i slowly moved the sheets and covers to the bathroom. I went back for the dusty pillow I've been sleeping on before locking the bathroom door. There was nothing to barricade the  door with so, "I trust you. Don't let him in" i muttered, starring at the old wooden structure.

I slowly moved around, spreading the sheets on the floor while i tried to control my breathing.  the sting in my lower belly returned, i sat still catching a break. Then it hit me, contractions. they were contractions. After making sure the little I had to work with was in place, I finally leaned the pillow against the wall. I guess it's time now. How i was able to take my pants and undergarments off. i don't know. i slowly lowered myself onto the sheets-I hissed. They were now cold sheets. it was freezing in this place. the pain comes by every 15 minutes and lasted for maybe 60 seconds or so. my heart was racing, I tried to calm down, breathing. In. Out. Slowly. I  focused on the timing of the sting. the contractions  slowly came down to being five minutes apart breathing as needed. Tears clouded my vision, this is happening.