17

Vegas's P.O.V:

I put my hand on Pete's mouth and raised a finger to my lips asking him to keep quiet.

He raised the knife up but I grabbed both of his hands.

"I'm on your side you idiot" I said in a low voice.

Then pulled him into the elevator and closed the door when I noticed a shadow coming up the stairs.

I pressed the elevator button to the ground floor.

"Put this on" I said then gave him a face mask.

He took it and put it on and I also put mine on.

Then I opened the door and we both walked out.

"Excuse me" A voice said from behind us before we could go inside my car.

I put my hand in my pocket and grabbed my pocket knife.

"I just saw you walking out of the Theerapanyakul apartment...Are you friends of mr Kinn?" The woman asked.

"Yes...We're his classmates from college" Pete said chuckling.

"I'm the building owner...Can I please see your faces or your identity cards to check if you weren't thieves?" She asked.

I almost took my knife out but Pete quickly gripped my forearm to stop me.

Then walked closer to the woman.

"I'm sorry auntie but I have the flu and I forgot my identity card at home...I'm Kinn's friend though...My name is Pete you can ask him about me when he comes back" Pete said.

Then turned to me.

"My friend here is afraid of getting sick since he's preparing for a job interview so he's wearing a mask as a precaution" Pete said.

The woman nodded in understanding.

"We're kind of in a rush auntie since we want to go back home before the afternoon traffic but I'd appreciate it if you tell Kinn that I stopped by" Pete said.

Then took my hand.

"Let's go" He said.

I nodded and we went inside the car and I started the car.

"What were you planning to do? Don't you think killing her is too much?" He asked.

I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

"My place after you reported me to the police" I said.

"Oh well...My life is fucked up now thanks to you so you shouldn't really rub it in my face" He said rolling his eyes.

I started driving.

"How did you know I was there?" He asked after a few minutes of silence.

"I've been keeping an eye on you for quite some time now you don't have so much places to go" I said.

"To kill me right?" He asked.

I turned to him briefly before looking back at the road.

"Of course...Why else would I come?" I asked.

"Why are you helping me then? You want me dead right? I reported you so you hate me" He said.

I drummed my fingers on the steering wheel.

He sighed heavily and nodded.

"Can I turn on the music then?" He asked.

I nodded.