20

Pete's P.O.V:

I was done with my first beer can but Vegas was half way through with his third one.

"Drink up drink up...You're such a slow drinker" He said in english as he chuckled.

Then opened his fourth can.

I opened my second one.

"I got my finger on you" He said.

I frowned in confusion.

"See? There it is" He said.

Then poked my cheek and chuckled.

I chuckled and shook my head.

"Ahhh...Let's stop playing the finger game it's boring" He said.

Then turned to me and smiled brightly.

"I'm feeling generous tonight...Ask me anything and I'll answer" He said.

"Do you promise to answer whatever question I ask?" I asked.

"Yes...Promise and pinky promise too" He said.

Then chuckled and hooked his pinky finger with mine briefly before gulping down the rest of his fourth beer can then opened the fifth one.

I looked at my pinky finger for a second then burst out laughing.

Note to self Vegas gets drunk after four cans of beer and does strange childish things.

It was my only chance though the only way he'll tell me his secret.

"Ok so...What happened during the four years?" I asked.

He blinked twice and sighed heavily then hugged his knees.

I frowned in confusion.

"Vegas?" I asked cautiously.

"That man...He...Lost his wife and son in a fire accident...He just wanted a family...A wife and someone to fill in for his son" Vegas said in a low voice.

Then put his head to his knees.

"Me and my mother...We only wanted to go home...He refused...So he forced her into a job she would have refused if not for me" He said.

Then looked up and gulped down some beer.

"When she died...He got angry...He said that it was my fault that she died...He started punishing me for it...I went through things you can't even imagine...For four whole years...He said that I was his son...That I should be obedient...I wasn't his son though...Whenever I voiced this out...He'd bring people to beat me up until I was bloody and sore...Then he'd lock me up for days without food or water" He said.

He opened another beer can and gulped it down.

"I didn't stop fighting back...I should have stopped fighting back though...Maybe then...He wouldn't have asked his men to take turns on me" He said.

Then hugged his knees again.

"The four people who I'm targeting now were responsible for my mother's death...Each one of them was a regular at that place...They drugged her...And raped her...Even after she died...They continued what they were doing to her...I walked in on them...I saw everything...I saw their faces...I saw her face...Her lifeless eyes as her body was littered with bruises and dried blood" He said.