27

Pete's P.O.V:

It has been three weeks since Vegas left.

On the way to the police station a lot of reporters were waiting for me.

And today wasn't any different.

The number of reporters seemed to increase everytime I had a questioning appointment at the station.

Most of them calling my name and asking me to answer their questions.

The worst part is that they didn't even care about my explanation or whatever I was going to say...What I wanted to say...

They just wrote whatever they wanted.

Some of them sided with Vegas and some others were against him.

Vegas the hero of the public who killed the offensive business men and sparked a violent revolution the supporters said.

Vegas the psychopathic murderer who kidnapped someone and forced him to be his accomplice the ones against him said.

Neither were right...

Neither had the right to say anything.

I kept my mouth shut as I did my best to ignore their existence.

Some of the officers came to take me away as usual shielding me from the reporters.

I was taken to the questioning room at the police station and the detective in charge of the case came to question me right away.

"The officer who brought you here said that Vegas held you at a knife point and threatened to kill you if the police didn't back off" The detective said.

"That's right" I said.

"Why would he do that when you're his accomplice?" He asked.

I stayed silent.

The detective sighed heavily and nodded.

"You must be shocked" He said.

I still stayed silent.

The detective sat down in front of me.

"Were you kidnapped?" He asked.

I didn't say anything.

"Do you know where he's hiding now?" He asked.

"No...I don't know" I said.

"Did you help him with his crimes?" He asked.

"No I didn't" I said.

"But there's an officer who said that you shot him after escaping with Vegas from a hospital" The detective said.

"I didn't know where he was...It was a coincidence" I said lying.

"Why did you shoot the officer instead of letting him arrest Vegas?" The detective asked.

"Vegas was injured...The officer threatened to shoot us...I was worried for myself so I panicked and ended up shooting him on impulse" I said lying.

"Then why didn't you contact the police after that?" He asked.

"I didn't have a phone" I said.

The officer nodded and stood up.

"So you insist that you were kidnapped?" He asked.