Chapter-6: Waiting impatiently for the dawn that exists somewhere

Meeting Dazai arc 2/5

-Neutral POV-

"So, she finally met him huh? That's awesome~" The protector of the barrier Riki called Dazai lite softly hums. The only thing they can do from this place is to watch and witness. 

"It surely is. But, isn't she oddly comfortable around him? She might spill out the fact that she's a transferred soul to him."

"Will that be a problem?"

"Do you know how the peace around here would be threatened if the word of this place being scripted goes out? Who knows what they might do." Kunikida (L) shakes his notebook. "Each one of them might just go crazy, doubt their actions."

"Come on! If you had that kinda thought you should not have come up with having her enter this world."

"You supported my idea!" Kunikida (L) screams out in anger, "You told me to "go ahead, do it." Are you backing off?"

"No, I'm not backing off." Dazai (L) smiles gently, "There has not been a single moment I thought it was a bad idea to let her in, nor do I think she will do anything that will ruin the peace of this world."

"Why are you so trusting of her?"

"Why are you not? She is a fairly intelligent girl with bright ideas, and even if the words go out of this world being scripted, it wouldn't matter. Because there's already a lot of things happening outside the script."

Kunikida (L) doesn't respond.

"Her running away from the mafia isn't only because she has the frightened lily and you know it. She has someone watching over her, that wasn't supposed to happen if everything was scripted! From the moment she was named Akutagawa, she has changed the script little by little. The sickly Akutagawa is not sickly anymore, he avoided his tuberculosis. Oda, who's supposed to roam around this earth bored out of his mind until he associates with those 5 kids, found interest. Her. He cares about Riki to the point-"

"I get it! I get it okay?" Kunikida (L) interrupts him, "I know there's no script anymore! She influenced and changed a lot about this world that now only the plot exists."

"And even if she tells someone, that's gonna be Dazai. And it's okay as long as it's him."

"Since when did you become so trusting of Dazai?"

"I was the one to pull her into this world, I got the chance to look at her memories. I saw Dazai through her eyes. If you saw him the way I did, you'd trust him blindly too." Dazai (L) smiles at his anxious partner. 

"I seriously don't understand you. Nor her." Kunikida (L) sighs.

"You're too hard on everyone, ever since you lost that page of this book." Dazai (L) points at the notebook. "You weren't supposed to know this book had an appearance unlike us."

"Shut up. Shut up before I stitch up your mouth."

"What happened in the plot because of one page isn't your fault, you could have lost the entire book."

Kunikida (L) doesn't reply to this.

~

"What do you mean we can't?" Taneda Santoka's expression is that of heavily shocked and confused at the same time. He couldn't believe the words he was hearing from the man that was supposed to stay hidden from all eyes, Natsume Soseki.

"Sir, are you sure about this? I don't quite understand, What do you mean? Can you please explain?"

This discussion was being held at the special division for unusual powers headquarters. The leader of the organization Taneda Santoka didn't expect Natsume to ever come inside this building even in his wildest imaginations. Ever since Natsume planned the "Tripartite Framework", a plan that aims to preserve the balance of peace and order in Yokohama, The Special Division and the military police were tapped to oversee and handle affairs during the daytime, the Port Mafia at night, and the Armed Detective Agency in the twilight, Natsume retired. And wasn't seen ever since. Yet today he is standing in front of Taneda with his physical appearance.