Chapter-5: As I roam this never-ending today

Meeting Dazai arc 1/5

"I think I'll quit this job," I whisper to Odasaku. My voice is almost inaudible because of the unresting sounds of bullets flying everywhere. We got caught up in a crazy shootout coming to deliver some drugs to a criminal organization. Who would have imagined Port Mafia was planning to wipe them out today? 

"Great idea, risking life everyday isn't something a 14-year-old like you should do anyway. You have a family to feed." Odasaku whispers back. 

There are more than 3 different ways we can get out of this situation,
1. Odasaku carrying me in his arms, using flawless dodging the stray bullets flying at us.
2. Me turning him and myself transparent as we walk out without being hit a single time.
3. Me running off holding Odasaku in my arms.
I especially love the 3rd one. 

The reason we're not escaping is that, there's no sense of danger. We're both capable of getting ourselves out of here without getting harmed.
Right now, we're in the middle of a conflict regarding Japanese curry vs Indian curry. Hiding ourselves behind a brick wall, we've been arguing for over 10 minutes. I don't understand what he doesn't understand. The Indian one is clearly better! Hotter, and spicier~

"It's not about the risk! It's about how they didn't pay us for a month now. I'm hungry for money!" I whisper louder. "You know I like my jobs like I like my curry, spicy and flavorful."

He twists his lips, "Both are good, but when you need something that warms your heart and gives you peace? Japanese one is a better choice." 

Suddenly everything goes quiet. Odasaku peeks over his shoulder at the situation. "Seems like our client just died. What do we do with the package?"

"Plan F?" I smirk, tilting my head.

"Yeet and run? That seems to be a great idea." He takes both of our bags and throws them away as soundlessly as possible. 

"Let's run before they spot us." Without any warning he grabs me by my shoulder and pulls me in his arms.

"I knew it! You always do this! When do I get to carry you and run?" I complain, still whispering. I place my palms on his chest, making both of us transparent.

"Never?" He replies, calmly walking out carrying me in bridal-style position.

The lack of payment may not bother Odasaku, but it does to me. He has the perfect ability to deal with his financial situation. He can go to a gambling place, win every bet, and return with a pocket filled with money. I can't do that! I'm not even allowed in there because I'm "too young." As much as I love risking my life with Odasaku, arguing about dumb things throwing away common sense and logic, I turn in my resignation letter. 

I liked this job, it was full of privacy, and after joining, not even one port mafia member came looking for me. I had to wear a uniform and a cap, so nobody could tell that it was me from the first look. I cut my long hair, it was always making a mess when I'm training how to fight and running away from dangerous situations.

A lot of improvement has happened in a few months, I can now actively block off 90% of Odasaku's simple attacks that don't involve his ability. I have full control over the frightened lily now. I can make a specific body part of me transparent. 

For example, if I'm trying to touch something while transparent, I can make one of my fingertips visible, and mixed up with my speed ability, I can appear, and disappear with my target in 0.0001 seconds. 

I can activate Karma under my will, but if I activate it in front of many people, I get overwhelmed. I haven't learned how to turn it off since turning it off requires mental peace, but that's never the case when Karma is on. Turning it on near Odasaku is useless since he has a constant calm mood all the time. When angry, when tired, every time it's just a plain calm. It's impossible to have him fazed a little.