Chapter-21: It is I

-Fyodor's Plan 1/3-

-Riki's POV-

Today is discharge day. I'm finally going home.

Home?

No. A place that is not the hospital.

A place that won't have cries in the air, or smell like stuffy cleanser all the time. A place that won't have tasteless food.

I'm sitting on my hospital bed, still in the dusk blue hospital gown with a dead expression on my face. My eyes are set on two figures arguing for the hundredth time in the same hour. One is relatively smaller than the other, clothed in a dark coat. His grumpy complaints aren't fazing the tall redhead even remotely as he continues packing my things into a small bag.

Akutagawa Ryunosuke and Oda Sakunosuke.

A-mafia-member-who-does-not-kill now and A-mafia-member-who-does-not-kill six years into the future.

Sitting on the bed, legs completely wrapped in the comfy blanket I'm counting the similarities between these two.

Both natural airheads? Yes.

Strong? Yes. The only two people Dazai went out of his way to praise was Odasaku, (To Ryu, " If Odasaku gets angry from within his heart, the five people in this room will be killed before they can even pull out their guns.") and Ryu (To Odasaku, "When I first saw him in the slums, I shuddered. His talent is far above that of others" and "It won't be long before he becomes the mafia's most powerful ability user.") Did he ever went so far as to praise someone else so wholeheartedly? I can't recall. 

Stubborn? Hell yes. Odasaku won't change his ways until someone forces him to absolute destruction... Ryu won't understand Dazai even if Dazai tells him his thoughts in detail.

'Enemy's base, next target, motive, commander's name and origin, ability...' Dazai explained his motives, just to make Ryu understand why killing the soldiers wasn't a good idea, yet he still stood firmly saying "you don't need such information." right in his face! When Dazai was experiencing the crushing betrayal of Ango and a possible threat (Mimic) he believed will get him desperate (and likely killed)... Then he swung his fist at Ryu, sending him flying, and shot him thrice, with a threat of doing worse in the future... he still didn't understand why killing the hostages was wrong.

I sigh, shifting my gaze outside the window. Birds chirping in the green trees seemed like music to my ears until Ryu decides to open his mouth again. I look at the two, standing not more than a meter away from my bed, next to the leather couch.

"Why are you the one paying her bills?" Ryu peeks over the documents Odasaku is stacking together before sliding them inside a paper bag.

"It's my duty." Odasaku speaks in his usual calm tone, "I'm her legal guardian."

"You're an outsider!" Ryu's mouth takes the shape of a horizontal 'I', his forehead slightly puckered up in the middle.

"Not according to this paper." Odasaku swiftly pulls out a parchment-type paper from the stack, dangling it in front of Ryu's eyes. A tint of rage flashes in Ryu's eyes. Rashomon appears within a second and strikes the air, aiming at the paper. But Odasaku moves it away just in time.

"How do you keep dodging it?" Ryu growls in a low voice, narrowing his sharp eyes at Odasaku, "What's your secret?"

"There is no secret." Odasaku shakes his head, his lips slightly strained in an adorable smirk, "You're just slow."

"What did you say-?" Ryu bends forward, his fists clenched into a ball.

I clap twice, yelling, "Hey Nosukes!"