Chapter-12: But the curtain hasn't dropped yet

Ryuuzou Kousou arc 3/6

-Day 50 of Dragon's head conflict-

-Neutral POV-

"No matter how I look at it, it's not normal," Oda whispers.

The previous night one of the port mafia's strongest attack units was obliterated completely by an unknown foe. Oda Sakunosuke, together with his cleanup unit is sent to the scene of the massacre to remove the corpses of dead mafia members and retrieve their guns and IDs before the military police get a hold of them.

"The leader of this unit was one of the strongest members in the mafia, had a unique ability. There's no way he was killed this easily." One of Oda's colleagues informs, "Unlike us, he was on a different level."

The bodies in front of them were burnt to a crisp, the smell of it made Oda want to puke out the breakfast he enjoyed so much a while ago. Regardless of putting on a cloth to cover his nose, he can barely stand in it. The same was for everyone else at the scene.

"What was his ability?"

"Something to do with fire, he could set anything on flame just by looking at it."

"That sounds strong." 

-

"One of our strongest offense units was annihilated last night." Dazai lifts his face from the file he received from his subordinates a bit ago, "Satou Kazuya, a fire ability user, cause of death is being burnt to death along with his subordinates."

"A fire user dying of fire?" Mori scoffs a little, "Now that's ironic."

"The fire took out the entire unit." Dazai sounds apathetic and unmoved, "We have a witness that claimed a 'long-haired, pale skin' male to be the perpetrator." 

"What organization does he belong to?" Crossing the fingers of his gloved hands in between each other Mori glances at Dazai.

"It seems he is new to the city. He creates some sort of 'mysterious white smoke' ...that's all we know."

"Smoke? " Mori tilts his head in confusion, "What could that be about?"

"There is no accurate information, but I'm positive that's his ability. We'll need a bit of time to find out the exact information."

"As if we have that much time and manpower to both fight off the already existing organizations and this mysterious enemy." Groaning loudly, Mori hangs his head out, "We're playing an infinite game, and we're almost running out of resources."