Chapter-15: I'm so sick of it, you know?

Ryuuzou Kousou arc 6/6

-Day 87 of Dragon's head conflict-

-Neutral POV-

"If I find that mummy bastard, I'll murder him," Riki whispers.

Riki and Ango are currently in an abandoned warehouse. Since Mori is suspicious about a traitor in the mafia contacting the mysterious savior, Ango realized Riki can no longer wander into his office recklessly.

As Riki knew, Dazai went missing on the 72nd day. He launched his attack on Shibusawa, and Shibusawa outsmarted him while simultaneously setting off bombs in all the organizations' hideouts, giving everyone waiting to come out of the conflict hiatus a reason to come out and fight Shibusawa. Since then, Dazai was nowhere to be found.

But, as a parting gift, Dazai also did something Riki didn't expect in her wildest dream.

He told everything to Oda. 

Fuming with anger and disappointment Oda called both Riki and Ango to his house, making them sit in the traditional sitting style of Japan, seiza, he scolded them for three hours.

"My legs still ache whenever I remember it." Ango shakes his head, not looking up from the map he spread on the table. "I didn't even know Odasaku-san can speak that much! Dazai-kun is quite the devil."

"That's what I'm saying. I'll murder him."

"You're pushing him way too much." Ango lifts up his face to let Riki see his annoyed expression, "Just be glad he stopped there, he could have done worse."

She puts on her gloves without replying. She's wearing her usual black outfit, concealing every inch of her including her hair. 

"Today's the last day I enter this hell of an outfit. It's April, the weather is so cool and you make me feel like I'm living inside lava."

"More importantly, the war will end today, according to you." He rubs under his nose. "This dead city is even dead-er thanks to the article, but people are still dying."

"Un." Riki nods, "Every store was closed, I had to turn transparent and steal food you know? War sucks."

"...If the article wasn't published-"

"I saved thousands from death, stealing 11 people's worth of food isn't a big deal. At least my siblings are resting at home today. I made Ryu-chan guard the door so none can leave." Riki's tone is awfully smug, making Ango twitch his eyebrows a little. "They were being difficult though, saying I'll die and they will never get to see my face again. I'm surprised they even let me leave today."

"Obviously! You got hurt way too many times past 2 weeks. It's like someone is aiming to hurt you."

"As if someone has that much free time." Riki narrows her eyes, "You all are being way too paranoid. Even Nii-san, he taught me how to fight, shouldn't he trust me a little?"

"Unlike you the rest of us actually care about your life."

"What about Dazai-san's? He's openly suicidal, and none of you care. 'oh it's just something he do.' No hell no. Suicidal tendencies aren't normal! You should care about his life more than me, who isn't actively seeking out a way to die, but is choosing her way to live." Riki's tone is aggressive. "He's been missing for 16 days and, God! nobody is even worried!"

"You said he went hiding on his own, he is capable-"

"Yeah, when it's him it's okay. He can die. He can sacrifice everything and nobody would care. Because he did it on his own, he's capable." Riki squinches her eyes, mocking the last two words.