Chapter-22: I who have failed.

-Fyodor's Plan 2/3-

-Riki's POV-

Ryu walks me to my home. He stops walking when we stand in front of the two-storied concrete building with a giant sign that reads "Freedom restaurant"

 He stops walking when we stand in front of the two-storied concrete building with a giant sign that reads "Freedom restaurant"

Ryu checks the time on his phone, "I have to return to work now."

"Already? What time is it?" I ask. Even though I'm pretending I'm disappointed he's leaving, I'm actually waiting for him to leave me alone so I can run off to retrieve the page. But he insisted on walking me home.

"1:09." He looks at me, handing me a paper bag. The flowers Masato-san gave me are inside it. "I'll come by again tomorrow. Even though we will no longer live together, let's at least have breakfast together once in a while."

"I am not going to work anymore, I'm practically free the entire day other than school, I wish I could look after you." I sigh, forcing a smile. 

"You've done enough, let me do something for you a little." He shows me a rare smile, "Stay safe, Nee-san."

"Alright~! You too, look after yourself. Shower properly!"

He doesn't respond and slightly nods, turning his back toward me. I silently watch as he walks out of my vision.

Okay, Ryu left. I only have one obstacle to tackle now. And that is...

I step inside the restaurant, and as expected, a very tall and sturdy redhead is occupying one of the stools near the counter, listening to the owner's light chatter and eating his favorite raw egg curry rice. Apart from them, there's not a single soul inside the restaurant.

The owner notices me and runs out of the counter. "Are you okay?? Look what they did to you! Poor girl!"

Odasaku let him know of my true situation, considering he's going to be my current caregiver. But his extremely worried expression indicates it probably wasn't a good idea.

"I am okay uncle, don't worry!" I laugh, holding up my hands, "They didn't do anything worse to me after all."

"Anything worse?" Odasaku repeats my words, slowly turning toward me from his stool, "You lost thirty-five percent of your blood!"

"Human beings only die if they shed forty percent of it." I give a half-shrug, "So I was technically pretty safe."

My response throws him off, he blinks a few times, not saying anything. An awkward smile draws on my lips as I avoid his gaze. 

"I... will go upstairs." I point a thumb over my shoulder, "You... continue to eat."

"No, I'm done." He abruptly rejects me, putting down his spoon on the empty plate. He stands up after drinking a glass of water, "Let's go, I'll take you to your room."