Chapter-30: Suddenly, that hand pulls

Master Plan

~Riki's POV~

"So," Kunikida (L) speaks, his judgy glance descending on my face. "What's this phase two you're talking about?"

I take in a deep breath and look into his eyes.

Last night concluded phase one of my master plan — interrogating the drunk 48 member. I learned many things from him. Apparently, they were hired by the art dealer who stole the painting from France. He sold it to a very rich Japanese man, whom Odasaku later killed and stole the painting. 

The art dealer — worried that Europol will be after him — hired 48 to remove all the details and proofs of the painting. They did such, right now all that was left was to retrieve the painting. But Odasaku joined the mafia, killing any chance they had to take back the painting.

Now, thanks to me, Dazai made 48 go out of business, which forced the art dealer to seek a different organization help named 'Midnight'. And when they learned the painting is worth a lot of money, they killed the art dealer.

In other words, my current and sole target is Midnight, an organization that operates outside Yokohama. 

And that's where I run into a problem.

I can go with my usual 'random bullshit go' strategy inside Yokohama knowing Dazai is watching over me. (His way of protecting me is absolutely threatening, but I'll admit it makes me feel super safe.) But, now that Midnight exists outside of Yokohama, I can't just run without thinking twice. 

Phase two — gather information on Midnight.

"Isn't it obvious?" I shrug lightly, hesitantly speaking. "If I'm gonna mess with Midnight, I need to know everything there is to know about them..."

"And how are you going to do that?" Kunikida (L)'s forehead creases in confusion, "If you're expecting us to help, we can't. We never heard of Midnight before, it's not in this book either!" He shakes the notebook in his hand aggressively, causing me to step back.

"Well..." I say slowly, shifting my gaze to the more friendly protector's face. "I'm planning on breaking into Sakaguchi-san's office."

"..."

Dazai (L) lets out a soft scoff. "So, you want us to tell you where Ango currently is... right?"

"Yes." I sigh, nodding a little, "Sakaguchi-san's office doesn't have a camera to keep everything he does a secret. I can easily achieve my goal if I keep my appearance minimal. But even that is impossible if he's inside his office..."

Dazai (L) looks at his grumpy partner but he doesn't respond, just stares at me with a narrowed gaze, a little displeased. He looks back at me, a delicate smile on his lips "He's in Lupin, together with Dazai."

"Thank you!" I gather my hands near my lips, my eyes wide open. This is far better than I expected! Ango and Dazai will keep each other busy! I can do whatever the hell I want!

As I was about to return I look at the lites. "Please inform me if they leave Lupin..."

"Fine!" Kunikida (L) lets out a groan.

~

-Oda's POV-

"And that's when the smugglers made a run for it while Chuuya was busy whining! Can you believe it?" The first thing I hear entering Lupin is Dazai's complaining voice. He's occupying one of the stools near the center of the counter. Beside him is sitting a scholarly male, Sakaguchi Ango, visibly irritated. "I wasted my precious time making that strategy and he just let it get demolished within seconds!"