Chapter-8: I'll say to this worthless night, goodbye

Meeting Dazai arc 4/5

-Riki's POV-

Hibiki slowly approaches behind me, a bit shaken up. Normally he's already supposed to leave for work. Only Ryu is sleeping, everyone has already left for work.

"Something you wanna tell me?" 

"There's a guy looking for you... at the door..." 

"A guy?" The only guy that could look for me is Odasaku, and he should be at home treating Dazai. Unless it's that Hiroto bastard, I heard he was searching for me again, don't tell me he has the guts to come into our territory?

"He said his name was Da.."

Dazai is here? I run to the door so fast it felt like I teleported. "You're here? Why are you here? You're supposed to be tied up. Don't tell me you already left? That's no fair! I wanted you to..." 

"I won't lie, a flustered Riki-chan is a very interesting sight." His bright smile snatches the words right out of my mouth.

Man, I'm disappointed! If he's walking around that means last night all the cool stuff, Dazai Odasaku getting kidnapped together, them escaping and having a long talk... all of those happened. I wanted to be part of it so bad!! This isn't fair!

"Watashi*?" Something about him referring to himself with that word makes him attractive. Boku on the other hand made him sound like a child. Watashi is much more solid, it's like he grew up in a second.

"Does it sound cool?" A smug yet adorable pride flicker in his left eye. "I thought it would fit me better." 

"Really cool! Maybe I should switch to something cooler too, like Ore* for example." I say sarcastically.

"So, just cause I upgraded you're going to downgrade your speech?" He raises a brow.

Laughing in reply I look at him, he changed back to his own clothes. When he appeared in Odasaku's house his clothes were ruined with holes and blood, but now none of those seems to be visible. That must mean he took a trip to his house and changed into his usual clothes. He looks very hot so up close. So hot that it's torture. 

"I wasn't expecting you to appear at my house. Was holding the impression you didn't know where I live too." I put my hand on my chin, "Are you here for a reason?"

"Hmm~" Dazai tilts his head to look at me, "What do you think I'm here for?"

"Talking?" His light attitude makes me a bit cautious. 

Bruh, how am I supposed to know your whims? You could be here for literally anything. Don't tell me you're here to pick up Ryu? 

"Let's go somewhere a certain orange hair isn't hearing. Shall we?" He smiles again, motioning behind me.

Oh Hibiki! Totally forgot about him... He must be so scared! This dude over here even told his name to Hibiki. We never have visitors, not even Odasaku enters our territory. After all this time we have a visitor and it's Dazai Osamu? All of us witnessed the scary and merciless situations Dazai created. A boy, not old enough to drink, committing such acts, holding so much power in the mafia is already very shocking. Nobody wanted to have anything to do with Dazai. Everyone avoided places Dazai walked in. Including me, well my reasoning is different. I wanted a destined meet with Dazai, in a situation he can't reject me. And look how it turned out to be?

Exactly as planned.

"Ah, Hibi-chan. I'll be going now~" I force an awkward smile, "This person is my friend. So, don't be worried okay?"