Chapter-32: Just a little more like this,

Ai to Ai
Love and Sorrow

~Neutral POV-

"Maybe, it wasn't a trick." 

The man says with a slight shrug, leaning against the giant yellowish stone behind him. He's sitting on the soft soil with his legs extended before him, inertly watching a small hole in his navy-blue pants just a little down his right knee. The fabric surrounding the hole has turned purple due to the blood sipping out of it and dripping onto the ground, the soil soaking it right in.

His name is Taguchi Ryouta, age 31. The boss of a weapon dealing group that has recently started business in Yokohama. But unfortunately, the crime syndicate ruling this city doesn't welcome competition when it comes to business — and Ryouta hates giving up.

"Excuse me, were you actually listening to what I've been saying?" The boy leaning on a wall on Ryouta's opposite complains in a whiny tone. "I'm going to tell you once again so listen closely, she planted hints for me to come and rescue her!"

"That doesn't necessarily mean it was a trick." Ryouta shakes his head, slowly bending over his stomach to touch the wound with his left hand. A red blade-type ability struck his right shoulder when he was running away from the fight, now he has lost all of his right hand's function. "You still would've rescued her, wouldn't you?"

A disquieted crinkle appears on the boy's face as he scratches near his temple with the gun he's gripping firmly in his right hand, "That- I would."

"Then this doesn't matter." Ryouta lifts his face to look at the boy's face. Dark brown hair and bandages, that's the person he was warned of, but he didn't listen. "Whether or not she tricked you... everything would've played out the same."

Dazai Osamu, the youngest executive of Port Mafia. 

This boy single-handedly cut off all the paths to his business in the span of two days, messed with his subordinate's heads to betray and take each other out, cut off every route to escape, and obliterated every single of them — only Ryouta escaped with his life... or so he thought until he realized he was lured into this place, wounded and tired.

From the rumors he heard, Ryouta expected to die an excruciating death the moment Dazai appeared before him. But instead, he started to complain about this girl. How she's always on his mind and how he cannot discuss this distress with his friends because they cannot find out what happened that day.

"Is your brain made out of hay?" Dazai asks in a riled tone, "I'm saying I didn't understand what was going on until she told me! Me?"

"Humans are bound to make mistakes-"

"It wasn't a mistake, I just didn't stop to consider it!" Dazai lifts his right boot and presses the sole against the wall, balancing his weight on his left leg. He dangles the gun from his index finger using the trigger guard, "If only I thought about it for two seconds, I'd easily see through her plotting and planning! Is she turning me into an idiot too?"

Ryouta lets out a sharp breath, "Maybe saving her life was much more important to you than stopping to think."

"Well, that's stupid!" Dazai looks down at his face, eyebrows slightly furrowed. "If this was an actual trick from an enemy I'd be in trouble!"

"Why are you telling me all this?" Ryouta asks, reaching for his chest pocket to bring out a cigarette. But his hand meets nothing, upsetting him enough to let out a groan, "If I give you the answer, will you let me go?"

"That depends on your answer." Dazai hums carefreely.

"No chance in hell then." Ryouta lets out a hysterical chuckle, tightly gripping his right shoulder. "Will you let me get one last smoke at least?"