Chapter 31

Chapter 31
Carnell POV
Unpredictable

This was the last time. I was tryna be cool and let shit slide for Giovanni sake but I see I can't do that. Got folks thinking they could do whatever they want like I don't own this city. Hell I own this state, damn near own everybody in this shit, don't nothing go down without me knowing. And obviously me being nice ain't gone have it that way for long. Been trying to censor myself for too damn long.

Giovanni has been quiet since he was asking all those questions from before. I couldn't turn to study his expression and I'm guessing that was for the better at this moment. Especially after what I just told him. Only a handful of folks knew and I haven't told any of them. I ain't need to tell them, only the people close to me and trusted knew and if you were that close then I ain't have to tell you in the first place. I knew questions were flowing in his head, but since his last question brought this up. I doubt he'd ask the ones he had right now.

I wasn't in the mood for shit right now but founding out what's going on in that woman head. Of course business calls at the wrong moments. I definitely ain't want him here yet here he was. I knew why he insisted on coming. Any other time I would've said hell no and it would've been final but since he wanted to know so badly I was going to let him see into my world. I'd deal with this problem then put an end to the other one. And let him see everything he so badly wanted to be a part of.

"Gio open the glove department." I looked over once he'd done it and he was already looking at me. "Grab the sides and pull it out..." It took him a minute to figure out what I was talking about but I knew eventually he'd get it. If he wanted in my world he'd need to know some of the little things. "Now reach down and grab what's in there." When I heard it click shut after a minute I glanced at him, he was staring at it like he didn't know what it was. They ain't teach this shit in school, they should but of course they don't. I pulled to a stop, parked, then grabbed his face which immediately turned to shock. "50,000. That's how much it should be, nothing less. I'm trusting you to count it to make sure. I don't care if it's only a dollar missing, you let me know.."

That shock turned to fear in a second and I took that as my queue to get out the car. We ain't need to waste time sitting here and I wanted to know if he'd come to his senses and want to go home before we made it in the door.

I walked around to open the passenger door and he was in the same position he was in before I got out. I reached over unbuckling his seatbelt before turning him my way and placing him to his feet. I expected him to change his mind from that look on his face but he surprised me when he took a deep breath and looked around. I needed him to be ready because once we were in there it was no going back. "The machine gone do the work for you. Just keep the money in it and keep track of the amount."

"I thought we were going to...Um...N-Nell? Where will you be? What if I mess up?"

"I'll be there. If you mess up, just restart."

He nodded and I started towards the house. I knew where and what he thought we'd be doing but I wasn't finna talk about that. And there was no way in hell he was going near Catherine Wright.

I was trusting him with one of the most important things in my life other than my kid. My money. He needed to drop what he thought was gonna happen and be prepared.

If I ain't think he could do it I wouldn't be letting him. Little dude was smart as hell... innocent but smart. He wanted to know what happened while I took care of business, he was getting a close up. I wanted him as far away as possible until I knew if he could handle it but he didn't want that. So now was his chance to see what really happens. After today or a few more meetings he'd see all he needs and I'll find my answer.