Châpter 16

Oh my gosh it's been a long time and I'm sorry bout that.😩 I've been so busy haven't even had time to read which is heartbreaking.😭😭 Anyway, I hope you enjoy🥺.

Giovanni POV
Mood swings

"I'm fine Gio."

He stared at me as we made our way to the room the doctor was in. I was a bit confused about what just happened, actually everything that was happening. When we made it to the house there were people everywhere, walking around carrying weapons even in the house! Outside I could barely park because there had to be at least twelve of the same exact dark SUVs outside. I was scared at first because what if these were the same people that tried to kill us. But when they would see Carnell they'll bow which was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. They acted like he was royalty or something similar to that, then I remembered what he was into.

"You're bleeding! Please just get checked first." He stopped and we stared at each other, I wanted to say sorry for yelling at him but it was true. He was bleeding, his shirt was covered in blood which couldn't have been good. So I couldn't back down even though I really wanted to. "Please?"

He scrubbed his hands over his face and I could see the people standing guard everywhere watching us making me blush. "There is nothing wrong with me Ight?"

"Carne—"

"Damn Giovanni fine mane I'll get checked." When I looked back at the guards they seemed shocked for some reason but I couldn't figure out why.

I nodded at Carnell not being able to hold my smile in, he only said my name when he was either upset, annoyed or to really get my attention. I didn't care because I knew there was nothing wrong with me. So it was pointless for me to get checked out. Carnell was the one risking his life to save us, all I did was drive. He was the one dodging bullets and shooting while I was protected in the car. The car I was pretty sure I'll wreck but I hadn't, the bullets weren't even coming through the windows—which I've only seen in movies. But it was true, the windows hadn't had any damage when we got out the car, other parts did but not much. I'm pretty sure I should've been freaking out right now after everything that happened.

Although it was my first time driving and I was scared out of this world, I think I did good. Carnell even said I did good so that meant something because he was the best driver I knew. Although Mikey would argue with me about that, it was true.

When we made it to the room a man in his mid or late thirties I believe was standing in the middle. He had this look on his face as if he was just a happy person, wearing regular street clothes. It made me wary because no one was ever that happy that someone could tell just by looking at them. Maybe he was faking, right? Even though a friendly smile plastered his face once he saw us-that it actually reached his eyes i was still cautious.-Was he really just a happy person or something? It was making me slightly uncomfortable. I've never seen anyone look like that and even though i wanted to look like that, it was weird in a way. I remember someone telling me you could tell when someone was actually happy I just never believed them...Until now.

Was that an act? It had to be because there wasn't anyone that happy in real life. They wished and dreamed for it to happen but it never comes true. Or if it does, it doesn't last long before something happens and messes it up.

My attention was drawn to a suitcase-like bag in his hand and I wanted to pull Carnell to the side and ask if we could trust him. Which was crazy right? It seemed my brain was questioning everything after what happened. Shouldn't he be in scrubs if he was a doctor? Maybe he wasn't really a doctor, I didn't know much about doctors but I knew they wore scrubs.