Intermission 8: Rhythm Games

Arc aea

Oh wait

Arcaea

Sorey

Sorry*

Uhhh anyways

Ok enjoy :)
———
It was the weekend when Hibiki and Yamato decided to do another good 'ol hangout like friends are supposed to do.

They decided to go to a nearby arcade in town. Damn, there's a lot of games there, obviously. But there's one that caught Hibiki's eye.

It was a rhythm game.

"Ah! Mato, Mato! Look!" Hibiki called to her friend, grabbing his attention almost immediately. "Eh?! That..." Yamato said, looking at the rhythm game machine (idk ok) with a slight hint of fear(?).

"Huh? What did you say?" Hibiki asked, turning over to the inventor with a confused face expression. "Hibiki....That's the rhythm game I played in this specific arcade recently....and....!" Yamato only shut his eyes tightly. "Ugh, and what?!" The vocalist asked again, seemingly impatient to get an answer.

"And there's a game there that's so hard I couldn't even clear it!" Yamato shouted at her. "....Pfft-Ahahaha! Oh silly Mato! That's because you don't have skill!" Hibiki teased.

"W-what-?! Hey! I do have skill! It's just that- wait what are you doing?!" Yamato said, before raising his voice a bit after seeing Hibiki picking the song he mentioned earlier.

"It's this song, right?" Hibiki asked, turning her head to the inventor, who only shivered a bit. "U-uh...Yeah. You sure you can clear it?" He asked, pretty much doubting Hibiki's skills. "Yeah! Of course I can! I'm sure this'll be easy for me~" Hibiki said in a sing-song voice. Yamato only sighed, giving up on stopping the vocalist.

The song was titled "Lady of Grief". It's said by the fans of this rhythm game that this is the most hardest song in the game. Thinking back on that fact, Yamato cringed. "Yikes....Hope she can clear it, unlike me." He thought, before watching Hibiki play the song.

And turns out...

...

...

She didn't clear the song.

"Ugh! Shit!" Hibiki exclaimed after failing her 5th try to clear the song. "Um, Hibiki?" Yamato called. Hibiki only hummed in response, though there's a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Maybe we should come back next time." He told her. But she was too stubborn to do as he told. She just kept trying and trying.

Until eventually, the sun was nowhere seen in the dark night sky anymore. She then gave up and they both left the arcade.
———
Lady of Grief...? Any idea on what it's referencing? (I'm bad at references so probs no)

Ok bye for now :)