Chapter 15

Ten was in deep thought walking the halls of Taeil's mansion. His mind wandered to the ominous words his king uttered to him only a few days ago. With the fae prince still missing, Paitha was tethering on the verge of war. Ten could feel it as the tension between each kingdom began to thicken even though, as of right now, no evidence was discovered as to who may have taken the prince.

Along with these thoughts, Ten's mind also wandered to Xioajun. Something was off with him. For a vampire that was usually nonchalant, he was fidgety and tensed lately, especially when he or Taeil entered the same room as him, which was suspicious.

Ten typically allowed his children to do as they please, but one thing he wouldn't tolerate was them keeping things from him; and Xiaojun was hiding something, Ten was sure of it.  Which is why he was on his way to having a word with his son.

As he approached his room door, Ten heard the hush voices of his son and another being in an argument. That's another thing he wouldn't tolerate. Someone believing that they could raise their voice at one of his kids.

Feeling the murder intent creeping within his veins already, Ten opened the door and asked "Xiaojun what's going on....here?" "Who is this?"

Xiaojun jumped and said, "Ten I could explain."

"No need to..." Ten gritted his teeth as he closed the door.
Xiaojun quickly jumped in front of Hendery while snarling at Ten signaling him to back him off. "Let me explain," the young vamp held his hand up.

"Explain?? What I see is a newborn fledgling standing in the back of you. A fledgling that shouldn't exist because it's forbidden." "You know the rules, No more fledglings EVER, and not only did you break that rule, but you turned into a filthy mundane as well." Shivers ran down Xioajun's spine as Ten's voice grew louder with each word.

"If Taeil doesn't kill you, I'll kill you myself for your moronic actions. Now move, you're in the way of my kill."

"No," Xiaojun growled.

"Dejun...move before I snap your neck in half," Ten snapped.

Hendery pushed Xiaojun in the back of him as he said in a low voice, "I'll like to see you try."

With an amused giggle, Ten threw his head back before saying, "oh, you're a brave fledgling, but you still have your mundane way of thinking. I could rip your throat out before you even get a chance to process your next move. I wouldn't waste my chance of survival on false bravado if I were you."

Not paying the other's word any mind, Hendery held onto Xiaojun's wrist even tighter. "Again...you can try but I know how to kill your kind, I was particularly good at it too."

The older vampire glanced at Hendery's collarbone, a familiar hunting crest speaking for itself as he scanned it. "You're a fucking hunter...Xiaojun you turned a hunter!!!" This was worse than Ten thought.

On an impulse, Ten swiftly moved to rip Hendery's heart out of his chest, but like an instinct, Xiaojun pushed him into a wall with a deafening crack and yelled. "He's my Mate!! He was dying and I couldn't watch him die!! I-I panicked and turned him and he ended up being my mate.  Please don't kill him..."

Ten didn't care about much, he really didn't. But seeing one of his young vamps whom he'd die for cry in front of him made his inanimate heartache. With a heavy sigh, he released his grip on Xiaojun and pulled him into his embrace. "Okay...I won't kill him."

Adverting his gaze from Xiaojun to Hendery, Ten glared at the other as he said, "I won't kill you, but that doesn't mean Taeil won't...especially when he finds out what you are or were I should say".

"You can't tell him Ten, I'll never forgive myself, I'll never forgive you, I-,"

"I won't tell Taeil, but he can't stay here," Ten warned.

" I know I've been trying to get out of here since I woke up, but where exactly am I supposed to go? If I go home to my brother I'm dead. If I stay here I'm dead. So where exactly am I going ?" Hendery sounded helpless, making Ten almost pity him in a way. Almost.

"A brother? There are two of you?" Xiaojun finally controlled his breathing.

"Not the most important thing right now You, fledgling, are going to be staying with someone who I trust. Someone that won't kill you and this stays between the four of us. No one else can know of your existence....at least not until I find a way to get Taeil to accept you into the kingdom."

"My name's Hendery."

"Whatever, fledgling, just pack what you need. I'm going to contact the person you'll be staying with," Ten started to walk to the door, "And Xiaojun ?" He stopped to look at the young vampire.

"Yes?" Xiaojun muttered quietly.

"You and I are continuing this conversation later."

He was terrified, but nonetheless, he responded, "okay...."

"Good, I'll be back in an hour..be ready by then." Without waiting for their response, Ten quickly left the room, leaving the two in an awfully thick and suffocating atmosphere.

____________________________________

College has me so drained...it's a mess :(

Hopefully I can write and upload again tomorrow or this week....