Chapter 27

Kun's POV

Gazing out my quaint kitchen window, I noticed dusk was just beginning to settle on the horizon of Paitha. It's orange and red hues signaling once again that another day had pass without any luck of finding Prince Haechan. I was beyond worried and frustrated. Nothing that I have done in the past two weeks have aided the search for the missing fae prince. Being the advisor the ruling Fae family, I'm the one who supposed to have answers to any problems they might encounter and for the first time I didn't have any. Haechan's disappearance was a mystery and I fear that if he is not found soon something terrible may happen.

Sighing to myself, I prepared to cast another tracking spell in hopes of locating the fae prince. However, before I could even dispel a slither of my magic I heard my new roommate say "Kun....I'm hungry...Again" with a soft snort I turned to the vampire gracing my presence and said with a knowing smile "But you just fed Hendery....you worked yourself up into a frenzy didn't you?"

Seeming to be annoyed by the question the young fledgling scoffed and said to me "Can't I just be hungry? I'm starving most of the fucking time by just feeding on animals anyway so why is that so hard to believe ?"

Now feeling amused by his reaction I slightly chuckle and say "You and I both know it isn't because you're starving. You're the only vampire I know who isn't consumed by bloodlust in their first month of turning." Placing my hand on Hendery's shoulder I then said to him in a soft manner "Xiaojun is fine, stop worrying. You're emotions are fueling you're thirst for blood. Try to remember that when you want to stress yourself out."

Exhaling harshly the vampire pushed himself away from my touch and said while pacing the floor to my living room "It's been four days, How am I not suppose to worry?! He's currently on lockdown in a kingdom I can't even be seen in and even if I could've,  I'm stuck here with you." "I don't know how you deal with it..." slightly tilting my head I asked the vamp "Deal with what ?"

Hendery stopped his incessant pacing for a moment to look at me as if he didn't quite grasp what I had just ask. He then said "Being away from Ten. He's your mate isn't he?"

Mentally noting to myself that this fledgling was more observant than he lead on, I gave a soft smile to the male in front of me and said "Ten is-" however before I could finish my sentence Hendery cut me off and quickly said, "someone is coming and it isn't someone I know."

Quickly using my magic to locate the unexpected visitor, I sensed that it was a Royal guard from the Fae Kingdom. Which meant only one thing, I was being summoned. Looking to Hendery I said, "go into my room and do not come out until I call for you."

With lightning speed the vampire disappeared into my bedroom not even a second after my command. I know that a member of the Royal guard will never attack a supernatural creature without reason but Hendery isn't suppose to exist and I rather not take a chance on finding out if his life would be spared or not.

A few minutes later a sharp knock sounded at my front door. Steadying my breathing, I greeted the Royal guard who was now posted on my porch. With no formal greeting the guard hastily said "King Johnny and Queen Doyoung have requested your presence to the kingdom at once Lord Qian."

I winced at the formal title. On most days I would prefer to be addressed by my first name but being the advisor to the Fae King and Queen meant otherwise. Dismissing the use of the formal title I asked the guard "Did they say the cause for my summons?"

The guard only shook his head as he responded "No, my Lord...just that it was urgent."

Giving the guard a tense nod I said "Very well, thank you for seeking me out. I will leave at once." I watched as the guard bowed ever so slightly and returned to his horse in order to make his way back to the kingdom. Ensuring he was no longer in sight, I called out to Hendery who immediately appeared in the living room once again.