Chapter 26

"This is as far as you can come," Jaemin released his hold on the alpha's hand. After leaving the pack territory, Jeno insisted that he would walk Jaemin back to his father's mansion.

"Wipe that stupid smug smile off your face," he continued to say with an eye roll.

"Not dashing enough for you?" Jeno teased, his golden eyed now shimmering with fondness as he stared at the mating mark on Jaemin's pale neck.

"Shut up," Jaemin hissed, but still blushing slightly. He felt like a little vamp gaining his first set of fangs on a cold winter morning. Probably not the best way to describe his emotions, but he was Na Jaemin....he was as complicated as it got according to YangYang.

"I never had sex with them...."

"What?" Jeno questioned. He wasn't quite sure what the other was trying to get at.

"The other men that I've b-been with...after finding out about us.....I never went all the way," the vampire said as he fiddled with his nails. It was a long and drawn out pause before Jeno finally answered.

"I don't care about that. Jaemin," Jeno took a deep breathe. "In fact, it doesn't matter anymore because you are mine now. I understand you...I understand your actions."

"B-but I feel so guilty—" Jeno took ahold of Jaemin's hands and brought them to his lips. With a soft and tender kiss, he whispered, "you worry too much, princess."

"Jeno," Jaemin tried to sound stern but his still heart felt like it had actually hammered in his chest.

"Go inside now," Jeno instructed, pulling the vampire to his chest to scent him one last time before they departed. Jaemin actually felt himself almost release a whine once Jeno had let go of him but he quickly shook that feeling away.

"Be safe," the vampire told the other softly, his scent of lilacs becoming more prominent for the wolf.

"You too." As reluctant as he felt, Jeno knew he had to leave. His wolf presence wasn't exactly welcome on vampire lands. Not that King Taeil mind, but the vampires of the kingdom didn't particularly like werewolves.

After watching his now mate retreat back into the forest, Jaemin tried to fix his clothes as best as possible before entering his father's mansion.

"Is that Prince Jaemin showing an actual genuine smile?" 

Jaemin instantly rolled his eyes at the familiar voice, "Xiaojun isn't here, Daniel." Kang Daniel, one of the most infamous vampires within the entire vampire kingdom. He was quite skillful on the battlefield and popular amongst the young vampires sorting for their lovers.

"How did you know I came here for him?" Daniel smirked.

"You two constantly fuck each other," Jaemin spat. "Why else would you be in my father's mansion willingly?"

"Your point may be valid," the other chuckled in amusement because among many things, he was also madly in love with Xiao Dejun. Always has been since they were all young vamps racing in the flower patches of the willow forest.

Jaemin didn't respond, but he did bumped into the vampire's shoulder as he made his way into the kitchen. After he and Jeno's sudden bonding, Jaemin felt as though he was still stuck in a euphoric high. Not that he minded anyway because he didn't want anything nor anyone disrupt this feeling that consumed his emotions.

"Why do you smell like that?" Jaemin heard both Xiaojun and YangYang ask at the same time.

"Well, goodnight to you guys too." Taking a firm look at Xiaojun, Jaemin said, "are you not aware of your bloodsucking friend scenting our living room, Xiaojun?"