Chapter 37

"You should drink my blood," Jaemin pushed up the sleeve of his tunic. Digging his index finger into his skin, the vampire sliced a clean cut across one of his veins.

"Jaemin, you're hurting yourself." Chenle rushed to place his handkerchief on the other's wound, but Jaemin stopped him.

"You need to quickly heal those wounds of yours." Jaemin pushed his wrist in front of the warlock's mouth, not a single trace of regret urging it's way onto his features. "Plus, we need to hide your scent in the vampire kingdom."

"How do you know they were vampires that took Jisung?"

"I'm not sure if they were vampires, but they smelled like the forest of despair. It's right off the edge of the village grounds. Most vamps overlook that place, but being the Prince, my father forced me to become familiar with the ins and outs of the kingdom."

Chenle took ahold of the vampire's wrist and began to suck the blood dripping from it. It was an unusual feeling considering the warlock had no fangs. Yet Jaemin still felt the rushing sensation pierce through his body. His head started to feel lightheaded which reminded him that letting someone drink his blood wasn't something he'd do carelessly. Taeil would scold him for doing so, but the kid needed it.

"Jaemin are you okay?" Chenle asked as he pulled away from the other's wrist.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Well you look as if you are about to throw up."

Jaemin abruptly pulled his hand away, using the handkerchief the warlock handed him earlier to wrap around his bleeding wound. He didn't want to admit it but smelling the bloody scent and watching Chenle drink it truly did make him feel nauseous. "You should clean around your mouth now," Jaemin instructed the other as a chance to change the topic.

"I do apologize for, umm— doing that." Chenle lowered head, but Jaemin immediately pulled him up and continued to drag him down the narrow path of the Lush Grove. They needed to be quick before their family found out they were missing.

Jaemin knew by now that Jeno must have noticed his absence. With their mate bond being as fresh as hydrangeas growing beneath the sun of a coastline, he could feel the wolf attempts to call him.

↜↝

"You fucking idiots!" The sudden loud voice pushed Jisung to open his eyes. With a blurry vision and heavy limbs, the young wolf slowly turned his head to the direction of the murmuring.

"I told you to grab the fucking vampire, but no...NO! You bring me some wolf...A USELESS MUTT!! What may I ever do with a being like him, Kang?"
Jisung couldn't decipher between the voices that were arguing. Between the splitting headache and his sluggish body, the wolf wanted nothing more than to go back to sleep.

"Changbin said he would be there, sir."

Now it was time for Jisung's ears to slowly perk up. He knew a Changbin. He knew of a Changbin from their pack. He was a beta wolf falling under his brother's orders.

"You will go back and you will find the heir of the vampire's throne. I am not keeping you alive to fuck around with his servants."

"Yes sir."

"Oh and, Daniel? Do treat our guest with the same courtesy as I would. It's already bad enough that you brought me their weakest link and not one of his older brothers."

Jisung quickly slid his body up against the cold wall as he heard light footsteps approach the area he was locked away in. After a few taunting seconds, an unfamiliar face finally appeared in front of the bars which Jisung was behind. The being was tall and slender with red hair slicked back enough to expose the dead look in his eyes.

Jisung could smell him. A vampire.

"Sir's right...you really are downright pathetic." The vampire leaned onto the old metal bars. "Tell me your name."
Jisung didn't answer. Instead, he turned his head away from the other. "Huh? Is this how you wish to play? I know omega mutts like yourself often play like peccaries but this is a serious matter kid."

Jisung's wolf was itching to come out. He could feel his alpha side feeling threatened by the vampire's disrespectful words. Yet, he stayed calm, using the training his father and Jeno taught him during his early years of transformation.

"ANSWER ME!" Daniel shouted as he kicked the rusty barriers. But that didn't do anything to Jisung, hardly even startling the hair behind his neck. "Ha— son of a bitch, do you want me to kill you? Better yet, how about I kill that little warlock I saw you with earlier?"

"Don't you dare touch him," Jisung growled. His reaction had the vampire smirking in return.

"Did I hit the right spot on my first try?" The vampire threw his head back as he laughed to himself. "Incredible," Daniel smiled. "I guess I should let you have the honor of watching me drain the life out of him."

"I will tear you limb by limb if you touch a single hair on my warlock." There was something real in the threat. Jisung could feel it. He could feel his wolf clawing it's way to take ahold of the situation.

No one was allowed to touch his Chenle.

"The baby wolf suddenly grew a pair?" Daniel chuckled. Within a split second, Jisung lunged at the metal bars with a snarling sound dripping from his throat. In that short moment, Jisung had a full grip of the vampires collar, pulling his face towards his. "Well isn't this a surprise."

Jisung gripped the vampire even tighter, nearly pulling his face between the bars and letting out a loud growled. "I will personally kill you and feed your head to my mother."

"You better watch your fucking mouth." The vampire snarled at the wolf's threat. "Or may my sire so help you for what I will do to you and that pretty little warlock."