Chapter 25

Mark's POV

I was cursed. That was the only thing going through my mind as I put on the fancy clothes the Fae King and Queen had sent to my room. From the moment I stumbled upon the young fae, my life had been turned upside down. Not only was I currently behind enemy lines but I was now second guessing everything I had ever known. Nothing made sense anymore.

As a hunter, I was taught that supernatural creatures were nothing more than soulless monsters that thrived on torturing and killing human beings, especially the Fae. But since meeting Haechan I realized that what I had been taught might not be entirely true. Besides a few tense moments, no one has even made an attempt to harm or kill me in anyway. Not to mention that they were willing to help me find Hendery. If anything, it was me who had been throwing threats around or resorting to violence, which meant only one thing. I was fucking cursed.

This world was doing things to me that had me in a constant state of confusion. Things that I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to acknowledge as yet. Particularly things that involved Haechan. Just thinking of him made a weird feeling course throughout my chest. I should be happy about the fact that he was finally out of my presence but instead I felt anxious. Like I made the wrong choice of letting him out of my sight. Like I should've fought harder to keep us together. what the fuck am I thinking.

Aggressively, I shook the thoughts from my head as a knock sounded on the door of the room I was in.I opened it tentatively thinking that it may be the King or Queen stopping by to finally interrogate me. But instead, in front of me stood the male that seemed to be invading my thoughts against my own will.

Despite my thoughts a few minutes ago, as I looked at Haechan I couldn't help but feel angry and betrayed over what transpired in the last few hours. It was because of this feeling that I angrily said to the male "what are you doing here?" I watched as Haechan ran a hand nervously along his right arm as he hesitantly said "I wanted to let you know that the first search party has been dispatched to look for your brother." Annoyed at him deliberately ignoring the elephant in the room I snapped at him and said "Great..if that's all you could shut the door when you leave." As I turned my back to him.

However before I could retreat further into the lavish room I heard the fae male speak up and say "I also wanted to check on you..." still not bothering to turn around and close the door in his face I sarcastically said "Oh? How lucky am I to be checked on his royal highness". I intentionally said the last two words in a mocking tone.

I was fucking furious that he didn't even think to tell me about his true identity before he suggested we go looking for my brother and I wanted him to know that. But instead of responding back in a rage, Haechan said to me in a soft and almost desperate tone "Mark don't do that ...please...." Ignoring the ache in my chest from his tone I said "Don't do what ? Be upset over the fact that you intentionally kept your identity a secret or that you didn't even think it was fucking important to let me know that before we went looking for my brother ?!"

That seemed to struck a nerve because Haechan finally closed the door to my room and said to me angrily "and when was I suppose to tell you that ? Before or after you threatened to kill me?!"

Feeling a surge of anger I abruptly turned towards him and said "you could've told me last night! I wou-" but before I could've finished my sentence the gorgeous fae cut me off and said "Wouldn't have what ?! Be upset like you are now ? You would've been furious! Because let's be honest Mark... you hate me and my kind and finding out that I was not only a fae but a prince would've made you hate me more than you already do!"

Suddenly closing the distance between us I said to the male in front me "I DON'T HATE YOU!" With my chest rising rapidly, I took a deep breathe and said in a lower and softer tone "I don't hate you Haechan....you-you confuse me"