Chapter 56

As rays of sunlight poured into the Fae Prince bedroom, Mark couldn't help notice that the warm first morning light seemed to cling to Haechan's sleeping form. At the sight, Mark trailed his hand lazily amongst the prince's illuminated silhouette as he thought about how both he and Haechan stayed up late into the night talking of both nothing and everything all at once.

Mark had barely remembered a time where he was open about his feelings or things that brought him joy. He didn't even remember the last time he even talked about his mother's death or the fact that losing her just might have sent him on an endless spiral of rage. But somehow the male laying beside him had managed to get him to do both only in a few hours.

Mark noted that somehow Haechan had completely tore down the wall of rage and animosity that he used as a defense and when all that was left was the snarling and wounded version of himself that he kept so well hidden; the fae prince didn't even balk as he claimed him as his own. Something sparked in Mark's chest at the thought as his mouth replaced the hand he was tracing Haechan's body with.

Haechan began to stir awake as the sensation of Mark peppering his skin with soft kisses clung to him just as the sun did. The prince's eyes finally fluttered open just as Mark reached the sensitive area between his should and neck. Mark eyes nearly rolled in the back of his head as he inhaled Haechan's scent and heard the Fae Prince honeyed voice call out his name.

The simple act shouldn't have made waves of heat wash over the Mark the way it did and yet that exactly what happened as he connected Haechan's lips to his own; swallowing the rest of the fae prince sentence as he did. The two males hadn't done more than share a few kisses since the night Haechan snucked into Mark's room. But as they became entangled with another, Mark wondered just how long their slow and steady progress would last as he shifted Haechan's body to rest on top of his own.

The sudden movement had Haechan letting out an involuntary gasp which Mark used as an opportunity to slip his tongue past the Fae prince lips. The kiss only seemed to get deeper as Haechan matched Mark's devouring pace and just as a moan echoed though out the room a soft knock sounded at Haechan's door followed by a palace attendant saying "your highness it's time to get up, a meeting has been requested by the vampire prince."

Mark let out an exasperated sigh that was covered up by Haechan's soft giggles as he slipped out of bed. Feeling uncharacteristically cold, Mark found himself asking out loud "do you have to attend the meeting?" Haechan gave the hunter a piercing look with his orange and green freckled eyes as he said amusingly "do you crave my touch that badly?"

Mark eyes darkened as his gaze danced over Haechan's body feeling himself smirk at the faint blush settle on the fae prince cheeks. "if I say yes, will you stay...your highness?" Mark intentionally said the title an octave lower than his usual tone. More than aware of the effect it had on Haechan when he did. Another smirk formed on his lips as he heard Haechan suck in a shaky breath while turning his back to Mark as he said "coercion won't work as well as you might think" before he sauntered off into his dressing room.

Mark let out a dark chuckle at that as he flung himself back on Haechan's bed. The hunter wasn't sure how much time had passed before Haechan remerged fully dressed in what could only be his royal insignia. He then stood in front of Mark as the hunter sat up to capture the fae by his waist. Haechan then said softly "there's something I want to talk to you about, later."

Something in Haechan's tone made Mark glance up at him. The hunter saw what could only be hesitation and maybe a hint of fear on the prince face as he stared off lost in thought. "by the look on your face, it seems you should tell me now." Mark said gently getting Haechan to look at him once more. Something flashed behind the fae prince eyes that Mark couldn't quite decipher then. But just as quickly as it happen, Haechan eyes softened erasing any trace of the weird emotion as he said "it can wait" while placing a swift kiss on Mark's forehead.