Chapter 4

Maya's POV:

We reached a Russian restaurant. Pelmeni were pastry dumplings typically filled with minced meat and wrapped in a thin, paste-like dough. That was served alone, slathered in butter, and topped with sour cream.

"Dani do you have to eat it like that—- it will not disappear from the table, have you forgotten all table manners people are looking at us behave like humans you arsehole....are you even listening?". I whispered to him but this animal was so damn busy with his food that he ignored me. Eating with him was humiliating. I finished my food quickly and got out.

Dani: "Hey you can't leave me here!".

Me: "I can, are you challenging me?".

Dani: "You don't know the office address I know, so your bad."

Me: "I know the Russian language I can find my way okay and I have my phone I can call anyone and ask about the office address this is not a school picnic for 5th grade, okay and I'm not dumb anymore". Yes, this pig left me alone when we went to a school picnic in fifth grade. I was crying he was hiding behind the bushes and watching the fucking show given by me.

Dani: "Your eyes were red and swollen, you were crying more than you cried while watching Six Feet Under, you could have received an Oscar Award for your drama". He started laughing and snorting.

Me: "If you laughed one more time, I'm going to wear your skin".

We were busy shaming each other then we realized that we were followed by a black car. I looked at Dani he saw the car too. I speed up the car office was very close so we didn't bother it much but it was weird to be followed in a different country.

Dani: "Something is odd in these documents". He showed me the documents they were half original and half spurious copies of documents signed by our chief.

Me: "Call the head of this center and security chief of this office."

It is clearly showing someone has leaked the internal security codes through which outsiders have tried to login and manipulate the head security system but it was designed by me so it had more layers than people usually make. When the hacker tried to remove the last layers team was alerted and blocked his login. It could have been worse if not paid attention at the right time.

Andrew( Head of the center), Maksim(Security Chief), Sasha, and Alina (assistants, co-workers, contract handlers) followed them into the conference room with few staff members present in that situation. They seated themselves in their chairs around the table. I was at the center chair(coz I am a boss bitch).

Me: " So Mr. Maksim we will start with you. I have asked for the original documents but there are half original and half spurious copied documents signed by Mr. Andrew and our Head Chief. When the documents were signed by the Head Chief they were already signed by Mr. Andrew. In this center, there are three counterfeit checking processes then how did Mr. Andrew sign the fake documents?". I concluded Maksim. He was already sweating, he didn't expect me to start from him because most people start from the head but I know how to lead a game with knowing insider procedures followed by them(how? I have my ways ).

Maksim looked at Andrew and then started "Mam they were gone through all the procedures and I have personally reviewed it but the documents were replaced when we get them back from our team led by Sasha." On hearing her name Sasha panicked I looked towards her for an explanation. "I....I didn't.....I have received the fake documents and was instructed to start the work with them because....original was lost and we had to start on time to prevent late fine fee to pay, so we started with it but the system crashed".

Me: "Everybody else moves out I want to talk to Mr. Andrew and Maksim." I looked towards them everyone left thanking Alina was still there standing. She was blonde-haired, with a curvy body fitted with a body-con dress which was very much revealing her body.

Me: "Do I need to call someone to pick you up and drag you out". She looked at me and said "Mr. Andrew wants me here" with an unnecessary swirl around Andrew. "Get out I need to talk," Andrew said in a rough tone. She was turning to leave"...with your purse." I added. She rolled her eyes and moved to sway her butt. I ignored her because I wanted to discuss a serious issue with them. Dani noticed and passed me the file with Maksim's bank details.

Me: "How much have you got Andrew for this forgery?". I looked at him with confidence and stood from my chair and opened the fill in front of them. Maksim froze in his chair and looked at Andrew.

Andrew: "You are indeed beautiful but not so smart as I expected.....it was only an attempt by them that didn't succeed that doesn't mean that they are not powerful ".

Me: "Who and what they want I don't care how much power they are?"

Andrew: "Mafia king of Russia Czar Ivan and Mafia queen Anastasia Romanova". Hearing Anastasia's name Dani frowned. "...your head chief has given Mafia of America their security team same as yours that means breaking your safe will affect them directly. Don't try to hype things or the conclusion will be death pass this project to someone else for your safety" He ended and stood up from his chair to leave Maksim followed him.

Head Chief copied my project without my concern and gave it to a mafia but why? He is a government officer then why is he helping the mafia? I looked toward Dani and asked, "Have you heard about Anastasia before?". He nodded " She met Head Chief a month ago. I was there but I didn't know that she is from a mafia family. She introduced herself as a businesswoman, she was hot that's why I remembered her name". I rolled my eyes at his last sentence.

I left the office and called Head Chief to know the answers. He told me I was interfering in his business and instructed me to leave Russia because the Russian Mafia are after me. I told him to remove my project from mafia security or else he will pay me the double amount of charges and I will leave the job and won't interfere in his business. I love my life and I want to live and don't want to be killed by any mafia. He agreed to pay the double amounts I was satisfied with it.

I went back to my hotel room put my handbag on the side table and went in seeing more than eight people in my room I was shocked and ran towards the door. Two people entered the door and closed it I picked up my bag and ran towards the bathroom to make a call. Two guys snatched my handbag and another guy pulled me towards a guy sitting comfortably on the couch.

He had short hair, hazel eyes, a sharp jawline, and a trimmed brown beard (hot indeed). "Who are you and what the hell do you want?". I yelled at him shouting for help but no one came " Dazhe ne privet?"(not even a hello) the man said I stared at him without answering. "Second in Command of Mr. Ivan whom you got to know today I hope things are clear to you?". He walked in front of me grabbing my chin I shouted for help."zakroy yey rot!"(shut her mouth) a girl wearing a red long slit dress said. I didn't see her at first when I panicked, the guy in front of me forcefully stuffed a cloth in my mouth.

I wiggled to free myself from the other man's hands. " I am Nikolai Romanova, you wanted to know me, and....." he started touching my neck moving downwards to my collar bone his eyes stuck to me. I freed my arms from the men's grip by hitting my head back at his face and slapping Nikolai in his face. The sound of slapping echoed the room, girl who was sitting on the couch got up.

I removed the cloth from my mouth and put my head down for more air ready to run away. Nikolai grabbed my neck and hit me at a wall my head started wobbling "How dare you little crap!!" his eyes hardened. My head hit hard on the wall again and I was losing my consciousness. "ne ubivay yeye"(Don't kill her) the girl said "no ya voz'mu yeye s soboy"(but I'm going to take her with me) he said.

━━━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━━━

Hey readers, Thank you for reading this chapter. If you enjoyed this, please let me know in the comments section. I'd appreciate any suggestions you have regarding improvement or things you want to be included in this story. Follow me and stay connected for more such chapters and stories. Have a nice day ❤