Chapter 31

Maya's POV:

Marco helped me and Bella get out of the car Aiden approached her and tangled their hands together. We entered the grand hall of the hotel after a few securities checks which were useless because everyone was carrying guns. Dude this is mafia life and you know who am I?

Men were drooling over me inspecting my body and arousing their desires. Marco gripped my waist possessively shiver ran down their spine when he glared at them. "Welcome King.... and the great Enzo family" Arthur approached us bowing in respect for Marco and Nicolas.

"How are you doing son?" Nicolas pats his shoulders as they greeted others. Arthur was good with manners and values but with a jolly personality, which was rare.

"Maya... you are looking gorgeous. I could have complimented you more but I want to live..." he complimented me and winked at Marco. "And you are looking handsome as usual. Even I could have complimented you more but I also don't want to die young..." going with the flow we chit-chat.

A tall broad-shouldered man approached us he was of the same age as Nicolas. But highly maintained his skin was tight with a sharp feature. Blue-black hair and amber color eyes same as mine, he smiled and greeted Nicolas. I noticed his dimple when he smiled "And who is this beautiful lady with you Marco?"

"Maya Elliot..." shaking my hands he froze for a minute then got normal. It was weird I managed to ignore it but things got weirder when he saw my mother. "Samara..." he called her name my mother was trembling in fear.

Anger grew inside me I walked to her side comforting her "Anne everything okay?" she nodded avoiding him. "No need to be feared of anyone I'm standing right here... okay" I growled a little louder to make everyone hear it.

Arthur handled the awkward situation by making others sit at their tables and offering them drinks. Marco and I shared the same table he murmured in my ears "Maya what were you doing?" I growled back in his ears "He was trying the make my mother uncomfortable. Who is this shit btw?"

Aiden explained to me "Maximiliano Giovanni, second most powerful man. He is the biggest gun supplier in the mafia and you just threatened him." I shooed him with my right hand and speak carelessly "I don't care... where is that fucker, Lucas?"

I forgot Marco was sitting next to me biting my tongue I turned my face "Why do you want Lucas now?" he growled. "I-I wanted some snack and refreshments. And-And I make him do these things you will not look good doing all theses odd jobs that's why I searched him" thankful Lucas didn't hear that or probably he would give me a tantrum.

Even though I don't know what I explained to him but he was satisfied and smiled "He will come soon just clearing some work... Aiden go bring her something I don't want her to stay hungry till then..."

Aiden sighed getting up from his seat I mouthed a 'sorry' he waved and left the table. "Maya, don't do anything stupid I'm totally fine... okay..." my mother rubbed my knuckles comforting me. I nodded my head unwillingly "Okay but if he does anything to you, I will not give a second thought and chop his fingers and deep fry them. I don't care how much he is powerful..."

She looked helplessly at Marco he nodded I don't know what was their communication. Aiden came back with a waiter carrying snacks and champagne. Arthur has managed things but it wasn't on the top it reflected that his leadership characteristic was low. My mother left the table she told me that she was going to use the washroom. I got up to give her company but she denied it.

Cynthia walked towards us with a cream blonde-haired girl dressed elegantly and a bald man wearing an expensive Armani suit. "Marco meet Mr. Raymond DeVore and his beautiful daughter Amara DeVore. She is a top socialite and a very gracious lady..."