Chapter 22

Marco's POV:

The board meeting was in the next three days, Bella asked me about it I told her the last incidents she just said "I miss her". There are people behind her who want her dead and she is doing such childish activities, Lucas and others were prepared for the attack.

Everyone missed her but I was worried about her this stupid decision can get her killed. Arthur was successful in receiving back his goods, he asked about her I lied that she left for some mission.

Three days without her were vulnerable but I don't want to accept it, Lucas was looking miserable like a lost puppy I heard his conversation with Maya. He laughed and cursed her during the whole conversation, in three days I realized her importance in the mafia and why Ivan kept her so secretively and pampered her. The day she started working with me I had less workload than before and the unusual theft was stopped.

On the day of the board meeting; We were ready to leave for the meeting except for Calla. I growled outside her door knocking "Who the hell needs four fucking hours to get dressed?". She was replying five more minutes from the last two hours it was my last call for her "If you didn't come out in five minutes, I am leaving without you".

Finally, the door flew open at my threat, and the scene right in front of my eyes was terrible. She was wearing a backless waist tube bodycon dress with a deep strappy V-neck. She was dressed more for a strip club and less for a business meeting "What the hell- "she cuts me off by swirling and showing her ass "I know it's pretty right... it cost $75,000" this is a nice seductive dress but not for such meetings. "Calla it's a business meeting... you are dressed like..." if I told her to change it will take her next four so I controlled my anger and disgust and motioned to leave.

Lucas narrowed his eyes at her outfit but didn't say anything and sat on the opposite sides of the car. We reached quite late but who cares, heading inside the meeting room. I was greeted by many few board members and mafia leaders including Ivan, Ricardo, and Zayn. I spotted Maya on the seat near the presentation table, she was wearing a formal white business outfit with red lipstick. Boss lady

Maya's OOTD-

Lucas sat on her side she passed a smile and discussed something with him

Lucas sat on her side she passed a smile and discussed something with him. Sitting in her opposite direction I talked with some members who were giving Calla seductive looks, she dressed for such attention so I let her have it. After a few minutes, Maya passed a file to Lucas and stood up from her chair walking to the center of the table to speak in the microphone.

Maya's POV:

Spending time with Marco has become my favorite part of the day together we work, eat, discuss, smile, some times kiss. I had convinced mom to give me time to think about the ways to leave the mafia, just to convince her I know very well what will be the consequences of such stupidity. She loves me and cares for me so it is natural that she is scared to lose me in all this but it's too late for that.