Chapter 33

Maya's POV:

Bella asked me to join her shopping I had some work but I agreed because she was going alone with Amara. Buying some clothes, I took my as well as Bella's stuff to the billing counter passing my card my phone vibrated it was from Lucas so I answered it.

"We have something about the Savarese family..." Lucas stated in a serious tone. Savarese families are the most feared mafia family because of their ruthless nature. They have an alliance with other mafia leaders but they don't obey any Mafia King for ages.

"Okay...." Cutting the call, I called body gourds and another car for Bella. "Maya if it is important you can leave. I have done shopping and Amara is.... Almost done. I will reach home safely." Bella replied concerned. I don't have any other options right now so I simply nodded.

"Stay close to your body gourds okay..." she smiled and took her bags. Walking to the bodyguards I instructed them with a little threat that if they failed to protect her. I will just throw them inside a crocodile pool which I have in my lake house.

When I was talking to the guards Amara was peeping through the clothes, I saw her from the mirror of the cosmetic center. It was weird like she wanted me to leave I know she hates me and my presence. God knows what Cynthia has filled in her ears against me, I will never eat something from her hand.

After a few minutes, I entered the conference room of Marco's headquarters and presented myself. Lucas was sitting opening his laptop and typing something and Marco.... He was staring at me with a glass of vodka. His gaze was intense but I tried maintaining my emotionless expression.

Putting my hand on my hips I suggested "Can we talk right now; I'm not doing hot girl shit...". Looking between me and Marco, he motioned me to take a seat so I did. He displayed some images of a girl and a boy on the projector and explained.

"Damon Savarese.... Damon is currently the leader of the Savarese family. He is addressed as Dom inside h-" cutting him off I warned, "I don't care how this fucker is addressed get to the point Lucas or I'm out of this....".

Passing me a fake smile he nodded something is off but what is it? Marco is so calm like before a storm or after the storm. Concentrating on the conversation I ignored their behaviors "People working for his Mafia are found around our headquarters keeping eyes on every activity. Talking about this with Damon we have got to know that he kind of...... like for some reason.... W-wants you...."

"That's nothing new everyone wants me... I'm fucking awesome-" shrugging my shoulder but "... to kill..." he added exposing the main problem. "Any specific reason..." I questioned him. "According to him you killed his grandfather and he wants revenge..." Marco answered in a hoarse voice.

"Maya, how many people you have killed?" Lucas asked curiously. Flicking my hair, I responded, "I lost count long before." Then I recalled something "... But his grandfather died 10 years ago..." Marco huffed throwing his head back "That is the real problem..." he spoke to himself but I heard him.

"So, what have you guys decided? Giving me to them or not..." Marco slammed his glass on the table breaking it on my words. "What do you think about ME? Some kind of JERK..." shouting at me he stood up from his chair. I was just curious but I had no idea that it will affect him that much.

Combing his hair roughly through his finger he turned to Lucas "Be alert...". Marco looked at me with disgust "Marco I thought-" he yelled at me "SHUT UP...... I fucking care about you but this thing will not get inside your fucking head. You're just self-centered and obsessed with yourself only but I'm not. I can do anything to protect my family and people.... Close to me..." taking a deep breath, he went on "Everyone calls me a womanizer but I have been taught to respect women. And I'm not like your father that I will sell you off......"