19

Our Song | 19

Three Days Later
Friday
February 25th, 2022

"How's the song writing going with Laura?" Rocky asks, looking over at his brother. Right now, the two of them are in their garage studio, staring at the computer screen. You'd think after finishing most of their world tour they'd be full of creativity.

Think again.

"Well," Ross lets out a sigh. "it's going." He nervously chuckles.

Rocky raises his eyebrows. "Not good?" He asks, leaning back in his seat.

Ross shakes his head. "I mean, it's not bad, but it's not good either. We only just started a few days ago and honestly, we haven't worked on it since the first night." Part of that was due to them having other things going on. Ross and Rocky had to start finalizing summer tour merch options, along with completing the South American set list with Riker. Laura's been working with her team on making promo for her tour she's announcing next week.

"Can I hear what you have?" Rocky asks.

"We literally have nothing." Ross admits. "We had something, then scrapped it because we hated it." He rubs his hands down his face.

"That's..." Rocky trails off. He honestly has no words. "Don't give up. If Austin and Ally can do it, so can you." He teases.

Ross rolls his eyes. "That's our problem, bro. We're comparing it to our fictional characters. The fictional characters who didn't actually write their own songs."

Rocky hums.

"Maybe I need some beer to help me or some shit. Because last time was not great." Ross says, causing Rocky to laugh.

"Fallen in love with her yet?" Rocky asks after a moment of silence.

Ross narrows his eyes at his brother. "Fuck you." He grumbles, causing Rocky to smile. A smile that makes Ross' blood boil.

"I'm starving. Wanna go grab a bite to eat?" Rocky says, changing the subject. "Ry will probs wanna go, too." He adds.

Sighing, Ross nods his head and stands up. "Yeah, okay."

Less than ten minutes later Ryland is behind the wheel in his car, Rocky sitting shotgun, and Ross in the backseat with Vader in his lap (sticking his head out the rolled down window) as they pull out of the driveway.

"Dammit, my Bluetooth has been fucked up." Ryland says, once his stereo fails to connect to his phone. Instead of his usual playlist filling the speakers, it's the radio. Unfortunately, it's a station that's currently playing the chorus of Can't Take My Eyes Off You.

What are the fucking odds, Ross thinks. He expects to frown and feel his chest tightening in pain (broken hearts, so much fun!). Instead, he feels... fine. in fact, he feels good. He feels... free. No wave of sadness takes over him.

He smiles.

Smiles.

He actually fucking smiles.

Before this feeling of being fine ends (or maybe won't end...) while listening to their song, he pulls his phone out and shoots Laura a text.

Ross:
Radio

She responds almost immediately.

Laura:
Huh?

Ross:
Just don't let me forget that word when I come over.
Radio Laura. Radio 📻