Finding Mr. Right: Part 1

Veronica's POV:

Ivy and I are doing a little cleaning in the apartment with help from her vines, when Harley and the gang burst in flinging dollar bills everywhere. 

Harley: "Who has two hands covered in unwashable ink? Uh, this girl! We just made that bank our bitch!"

Harley drops a bag of money at her feet, which smashes through the coffee table.

Ivy: "Dude, that was a Noguchi coffee table."

Me: "Eh, it's nothing I can't fix with a little flick of the wrist."

Harley: "Or, you can buy a bunch of 'em!"

Harley starts dispensing money from the palm of her hand into Ivy's face.

Ivy: "You know you can just hand me some money. You don't have to make it rain."

Me: "She doesn't have to, but she will."

Harley: "'Cause it's Noguchi."

Me: "Would some nettle tea help remedy this situation?"

Ivy sends me a grateful smile.

Ivy: "Can't hurt to try."

I nod, and walk off to the kitchen to get the kettle started.

Harley: "Oh man, this was our best heist yet. And we hit the perfect tone! Like, everyone in the bank was super scared of us, but not so much that they weren't delighted when I cartwheeled out. I'm sure everybody on the news is talking about it."

Clayface: "I hope we haven't missed too much of the coverage."

Clayface turns on the TV, but the only news on-screen is that Batman stopped Joker from another heist. He tries another channel, but every one has the same story, none of which involve Harley and her crew. Annoyed, Harley throws the remote into the TV screen.

Me: "Harleen Quinzel, you have been here 2 weeks and you have destroyed 9 remade TV's. I'm not saying I can't fix it again, but it takes a lot out of me."

Harley: "Sorry, I'm just pissed. Why aren't they talking about us?"

Clayface: "It should be our faces on that screen."

Ivy: "You guys, like, realize you're committing serious felonies, right? Like, you actually don't want people to know who you are."

Harley: "Or-"

Me: "Harls, she just gave you great advice."

Harley: "But, there's only one thing stopping us from being front page news. No one's trying to stop us."

Clayface: "Of course! Joker has Batman and suddenly a simple crime becomes a thrilling narrative between two titans."

Harley: "Exactly! We need a nemesis! Lex Luthor has Superman. Sinestro has Green Lantern. Psycho has his own inability to refrain from using the 'C' word."

Psycho: "My nemesis is Wonder Woman, that c-Ok, I see what you're saying."

Harley: "That's it, then! I need a nemesis. If my sister has one, I can get one."

Everyone turns to me in confusion. So I clarify her statement.

Me: "I don't have a specific nemesis, but I have been known for my battles with the Teen Titans. Yes, but they're easy to take down when you have an unlimited variety of powers."