A High Bar: Part 2

{A/N: Photo above is Veronica's super-suit}

Ivy and I arrive, me donning my super-suit, as Harley walks ahead of us with a leashed tiger. I still can't remember what this party was for, until we walk through the door. Right, it's the Penguin's nephew's bar mitzvah. Harley hands the tiger over to the animal handler as Ivy leans over to whisper to both of us.

Ivy: "Did either of you know that this party was for children?"

Me: "Must've slipped my mind."

Harley: "Although, technically, one boy becomes a man today."

The Penguin walks up to us eating a plateful of shrimp.

Penguin: "You one of the dancers for my nephew's bar mitzvah? Jesus, Harley! *laughs* Rock bottom came fast since the Joker dumped you."

He turns to me with a 'charming' grin.

Penguin: "And this must be Miss Mayhem. Allow me to lead you to the LOD table. Tell me, how do you know Harleen?"

I stop him as he tries to push me away from Harley and Ivy, and put an arm around Harley's shoulder with a proud smile.

Me: "We're twin sisters. The name's Quinzel. Veronica Quinzel. And wherever she goes, I go."

Harley places her hand over mine in gratitude as Ivy interjects.

Ivy: "Also, she dumped him. And, you smell like shrimp shit. Excuse us. We should leave."

We walk away from him as Harley turns to Ivy with a look of determination.

Harley: "No, no, no, no, no. All the legion bigwigs are here. I came to show them how great I'm doing, and I'm gonna. Plus, since they already want Ronnie to sit with them, as her sister, that automatically gets me a seat at the table."

Ivy: "This isn't your coming out party. It's a 13-year-old boy's coming out party. Plus, Ronnie isn't some sort of bargaining chip for you to use how & when you please."

Harley: "I'm not saying she is. Look, a lot of people made a name for themselves at parties. Bane, he decided to blow up Gotham Stadium during Trivia Night."

Harley drags me over to the LOD table, while I mouth a 'sorry' to Ivy as some guy named 'Kite Man' walks over to talk to her.

Harley: "Uh-oh, who are these troublemakers? Nah, I'm just kidding. I know it's you, Scarecrow, Two-Face, other half of Two-Face, -*impression of*- Bane."

Everyone but Bane laughs at Harley's impression.

Bane: "I'm going to blow up this bar mitzvah."

Harley waves me over to stand beside her. I do so with a wave as she puts an arm around my shoulders.

Harley: "I'm sure you've heard of my sister Veronica, AKA, Miss Mayhem."

Two-Face: "Sister? Well, I'll be. It's good to see you both. Where you been hiding?"

Me: "On your right, where you can't see shit."

They laugh again as Harley and I take a seat at the table.

Harley: "So, guess who has a plan to finally get rid of Batman?"

Me: "And the Teen Titans."

Harley & I: "Ya girls."

Suddenly, Joker approaches us from behind, causing everyone to drop their smiles.