Harley Quinn Highway: Part 2

Veronica's POV:

Harley: "Ok, we gotta find a way back into that mansion to kill that son of a bitch."

Frank: "Ivy's dad is not her biggest fear. Her biggest fear is on the way."

Frank fades away as Kite Man approaches us.

Kite Man: "He's coming! I tried to stop him but he's too powerful."

Kite Man tries to fly away when something in the shadows incinerates him and his kite.

Kite Man: "Hell no."

He turns to ash as Frank reappears.

Frank: "Everybody feel that pucker in your assholes? That means shit is about to get real."

We look behind us to see a figure wearing a 'Grim Reaper' costume, their face hidden by the hood of their cloak.

Psycho: "Oh, well, that makes sense. I mean, it's a little 'Christmas Carol', but let's just kill 'em."

The figure shoots out multiple balls of fire, which I deflect with my own while the others duck in cover.

Harley: "Clayface, I appear to have misplaced my bat."

Clayface: "Batter up!"

Clayface shape-shifts into a giant bat while Harley leaps over the figure, hits them from behind, and smashes their face.

King Shark: "Harley, you slash mostly Clayface did it!"

Harley: "Now to find out how gross your face is."

Harley pulls back the hood to reveal that Ivy's biggest fear is...Harley?! Suddenly, we're brought back to our original bodies as Ivy awakens from her coma.

Ivy: "We gotta get out of here. Who the fuck braided my hair?"

Sy: "I was bored."

I notice the horribly mangled bodies of multiple security guards.

Me: "Clearly."

Ivy: "Ronnie?"

Me: "Hey, Ive. Like the new suit?"

Ivy nods as we all walk out of the room.

Ivy: "You know I'm a sucker for green."

Harley: "Ivy, why am I your biggest fear? Is it because when we go out to eat I always ask to get a dessert menu and that makes the dinner last 5 minutes longer?"

Ivy: "No, but I do hate that because you never order anything."

Harley: "It's 'cause I always forget that we have cookies at home. Listen, I can't live not knowing why I'm some bad guy in your brain setting fire to things. I love you."

Ivy: "Harley, later. Scarecrow's about to use my pheromones for some kind of biological warfare. We have to stop him."

Psycho: "I think we gotta stop them."

Psycho holds up a recycling bin with the L.O.D. logo on it.

Harley: "Legion of Doom. Those pricks!"

Ivy: "Yes, but it is nice to know they're recycling."

Me: "I'm not saying the Legion isn't rotten to the core, but Riddler would never knowingly take part in this without telling me. You guys do damage control. I'll meet up with you in a minute via teleportation."

Harley and Ivy nod as the others rush out of the building while I call Riddler.

Riddler: "Who's the funniest villain in all of Gotham?"

Me: "Did you know?"

Riddler: "I know many things, my dear."

I text him a photo of the recycling bin and wait for his response.

Riddler: "Oh."

Me: "Tell me you didn't know they were behind Ivy's capture and near death. Edward Nygma, tell me you didn't fucking lie to me this whole time!"

Riddler: "I wanted to tell you."

God, it's just one liar after the other with me.

Me: "No."

Riddler: "You have to understand. It didn't matter after what happened that night. Then, Harley turned up-"

Me: "And you didn't want me getting involved because you knew I'd find out you played a part in it."

Riddler: "Nica-"

Me: "I have to go. But for now, consider our partnership over on all counts."

I hang up the call, take a deep breath, and teleport to Harley's location. I came at the perfect time to catch Harley from falling in midair as we land in Sy, who's transformed into a car.

Me: "What's the situation?"

Harley: "Ivy's mad at me for months of emotional neglect, like you."

Me: "Well, not anymore."

Harley: "Really?"

Me: "Yeah. I get it now. Why you trusted Joker again, even for a second."

Harley: "Riddler?"

I don't say anything as Harley gets the idea.

Harley: "Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry. Wanna help me kill Scarecrow?"

I offer a small smile.

Me: "Hell yeah."

We veer off the road as Harley catches Ivy in midair.

Ivy: "So?"

Me: "Can we focus on stopping Scarecrow for now?"

Ivy gives me a solemn smile with a hand on my shoulder.

Harley: "He's taking the Gotham Park exit. Drive over the weapons cache!"

Then, a missile launcher falls into Psycho's hands.

Psycho: "Good God! Tax dollars actually paid for this?"

Harley: "Ivy, you're right. I let Joker get to me. I turned my back on my sister, my friends, and you. But that's the old me. Time to blow her up."

Harley fires a missile at her statue, and its head falls in front of Scarecrow's truck.

Harley: "See how selfless I am now? Best friends again? Water under the bridge?"

Scarecrow veers off the road and crashes the truck into Gotham's reservoir, killing him and releasing the toxins into the water. Well, we're not just saving the city. We're saving the world!

End of Episode 8