The Horse & the Sparrow

Veronica's POV:

Ivy: *groans* "Damn it, Harley! What the hell?"

Harley: "I'm so sorry! I mean, the whole thing with the zombies and the barfing and the mass murder just-"

Ivy: "I was building Eden. It's something I thought you wanted, too. It felt incredible, and you made me stop. Why?"

When Harley says nothing, Ivy sighs in annoyance.

Ivy: "Well, you should figure that the fuck out."

Frank: "Deuces."

Harley: "Wait, Ive! Please don't be mad. Where are you going?"

Ivy: "Somewhere I can relax and think."

Harley: "Oh, if that means you're going to More-4-Lex, we're out of toilet paper."

Ivy: "Fine."

Harley: "And make sure you get 3-"

Ivy: "3-ply. I know. You've got a bougie butt."

With that, Ivy leaves with Frank in tow. As Harley & I walk through the street, the people constantly berate her with thanks and gratitude.

Harley: "No, oh, no, no, no. Please don't. Do not thank me. No, please. Oh, God, no. Don't-"

Batgirl: "Uh, can we get some applause? Because there is a hero in the house."

Harley: "Please shut up."

Batgirl: "Why? It's true. You basically sacrificed yourself to stop Ivy and save humanity."

Harley: "Why did I do that? I don't wanna stop Ivy. I wanna support her. But I also don't want everyone in Gotham to die."

Batgirl: "Ooh. Sounds like you need to talk. Wanna crush some canned cider and unpack all this?"

Harley: "There's nothing to unpack."

As a repairman approaches Batgirl, Harley & I take our leave from the street.

Me: "So, is there really nothing to unpack, or was she just getting on your nerves?"

Harley: "Yes. No. I don't know."

Me: "Yep. I've been there. When New New Gotham was a thing, I was confused and scared about where I fit in with the new world. But do you know who helped me get through it?"

Harley: "Gwyneth Paltrow?"

Me: *laughs* "No, you. And now that you're in the same problem, I can repay the debt and help you through this change."

Harley: "Thanks, sis. For a second, I thought you were gonna say Rid-Oh, my gosh! What are you still doing here? You're newly married! You should be on your honeymoon right now."

Me: "And I will be. Riddler's booked a flight for us the day after tomorrow. But right now, my sister needs me, and family always comes first. Also, tomorrow night's the premiere of Clayface's new movie, and I promised I wouldn't bail at the last minute."

{Time skip}

At Catwoman's place, King Shark's helping Clayface prepare for tonight when Ivy walks in.

King Shark: "Ooh, did you just get a facial?"

Ivy: "Hey, Harley. We need to, uh...We gotta talk."