chapter 10

I hated to break Iruka's heart, but the minute the nurses left the room I snuck out through the window.

Who cares if I wasn't 'fully recovered'?

I marched down the crooked forest, still swinging the sword.

●○●

"The islands in the north are snowy, and their heads get very cold.."

The girl's raspy, spreading voice rang through the forest, nearly bringing tears of joy to Sakura. Y/n was back; she had returned from wherever she went.

She rounded the tree, appearing in all of her injured glory. Even though she looked as if a pack of hyenas had tore through her, Sakura thought she was a holy sight to behold.

"Sakura, you can go to sleep now.. I'm here now."

This alone assured the younger girl, and she moved to a soft spot of moss and shut her eyes.

'Hm! If I can catch ALL 20 of the leaves, Y/n will surely love me!'

Lee stood in a tree, watching as the leaves slowly danced in the air.

Lunging out, he begins to catch the leaves, quickly moving to get them.

Until he hits a branch. The air seemed to desert him in that moment, and he gasped for oxygen.

Looking around, his eyes scanned for the final leaf. But what he saw instead was a squirrel caught in a trap, crying for help.

He quickly came to the squirrels aid, leaving the 20th leaf to hit the ground.