applesauce

"It has to get worse before it gets better," Carol reminds.

Nanami sighs, resting his head against the barn wall, "Is this about the storm?"

"Could be," Carol shrugs.

Nanami looks to the door that had just been opened by Maggie and Sasha. The storm was wretched and tore apart the scene outside the barn. Nanami could already feel a fever coming on from being out in the rain, to begin with.

"Why were you out there?" Carol pushes a bit.

"Fresh air."

"In the middle of a storm?"

Nanami goes silent, deciding that was his best bet.

Whatever this revelation was it was happening about him and Sophia.. It was best to not drag Carol into it, too. 

It was bad enough that Sakiko was aware something was up. God forbid Sophia's own mother was involved. Nanami was still trying to figure his shit out. No one else needed to know there was something wrong.

"Rain shower is better than no shower," Nanami shrugs off, standing up to walk away.

Sakiko was sitting on a table, swinging her feet as she sharpened her knives and sword.

"You think we could pick up training again?" she asks Michonne.

"What? Getting rusty?" Michonne asks.

"Mm," Sakiko nods, "After the PT from getting shot, we kinda slacked off. Being on the road.. I'd feel better using a weapon I don't have to go fetch."

"How about we find you a dog that can fetch your knives?" Carl offers.

Sakiko's eyes widen and she snaps her head to Daryl.

"Absolutely not," he shuts down.

"I am literally an adult who can make my own decisions."

"And I'm still in charge," Daryl reminds, "So, no."

Sakiko sticks her tongue out at him and Daryl picks up one of his bolts, "Want me to give you a tongue piercing?"

"Can you do that? That'd actually be sick," Sakiko raises her eyebrows.

"Kiko," Daryl warns.

Sakiko grunts in response.

"If you want, I can do it," Rosita offers.

"For reals?"

"Well.. I'll need a piercing, ice, and a needle," Rosita lists, "But, if and when we find 'em, sure thing, babe."

"Sick," Sakiko repeats and the girls trade a fist bump.

"Do looks matter in times like this?" Carl questions.

"Dude, you still wear a hat despite it being a bajillion degrees outside. Beauty hurts."

"I don't wear the hat because it looks cool."

"You still look sick with it."

Carl scoffs as Daryl rests his hip against the table, "What's with you and 'sick' today?"

"It's my word of the day," Sakiko shrugs.

"At least it's not 'dude'," Rosita points out.

"'Dude' is my term of endangerment."

"Endearment," Michonne corrects.

"Same thing."

"It's not."

As the door opens, eyes are drawn to it as Maggie calls out, "Hey.. Everyone?"

At the sight of an unknown man between Maggie and Sasha, the group jumps to their feet and pulls their own weapons out.