to lead

As there was a human knock on the door, Sakiko and Maggie looked at each other.

"We coulda fucking-"

"Knocked," Maggie finishes for Sakiko.

"Just had to put in a show, huh?" Ryan teases as he heads to the door.

Sakiko follows, weapons up. She and Ryan trade a nod and Ryan and Tobin push the table out of the way.

"It's us.. I have Judith," Gabriel peeks into the doorway.

They peel the door open further and Sakiko stands guard as Ryan ushers Gabriel and Sophia inside. Then, they all work together to fortify the door back.

"Fashion upgrade?" Sakiko asks Gabriel.

She grabs the end of the sheet that was covered in guts, tugging it off from around him to reveal Judith in his arms.

"Rick's idea," Gabriel informs.

"You were with Rick?"

Gabriel passes Judith onto her babysitter who was in tears uppn seeing the infant. Once his hands are free, he places a delicate hand on Sakiko's shoulder.

"Nanami is with him. They have a plan to redirect the herd."

Sakiko lets out a breath of relief and Gabriel sends her a smile, dropping his hand.

"Just them?" Maggie wonders.

"Rick, Michonne, Nanami, Carl, Jessie, Ron, and Sam," Sophia lists off, "It was dangerous for Judith and Gabriel offered the help. I can't drive so I tagged along to keep them both safe."

"What's the plan?" Sakiko asks.

"They're in sheets like this. They're going to go through and get out.. They left cars at the redirect from the herd so they're planning to use them to get these out once they circle back around."

Sakiko tilts her head, sucking a breath in between her teeth in thought.

It was pretty far out. It was dangerous. Plus, they needed all the help they could get.

"Pass me that," she holds her hand out to Sophia.

"What? This?" Sophia asks, holding up the makeshift poncho she was about to throw on the ground.

"They need all hands on deck," Sakiko nods.

"Me too," Ryan adds, "I'll use Gabe's."

"We'll head out and meet up with them," Sakiko says as Sophia hands her the sheet.

"Guys.. I.." Maggie begins.

"You can stay here. Rest up," Ryan tells her, throwing the sheet over his head.

"I need you here," Maggie denies.

"What?"

Maggie looks to the other people in the room- the burden of being looked up to building. Deanna had been teaching her how to lead. She wasn't anticipating it to happen so soon.

"I just.. I need you two with me."

"Maggie, this will all be over faster if we go help," Sakiko reminds.

"Plus, while out there.." Ryan sighs, "I can look for signs of Glenn. Kiko can track him."

That felt like bribery to Maggie.

"I don't know," she frowns.

Maybe it was selfish. She just wanted people she already trusted and could rely on with her. The day's events were catching up and she was beyond being just exhausted.