manipulate

"Be safe," Sakiko kisses Daryl's cheek, "Don't die."

Daryl scoffs, giving her a glare as he wipes his cheek on his jacket sleeve.

"Rude," she slaps his arm.

Nanami laughs and Sakiko takes a step toward him with puckered lips.

"Being safe," Nanami holds his hands up to stop her, "Won't die."

"You better not. I will kill you if you die."

"You sure you don't wanna tag along?" Daryl makes sure.

Sakiko glances to the woman opening the gates, setting her hands on her hips, "Nah.. I may be able to track, but that doesn't make me a peopley person."

"You'd scare everyone off," Nanami agrees.

"I would threaten them all away," she rephrases, "Plus, Glenn, Noah, and Tara are going on that run in a bit. I think I'm just gonna hang out with Rosita while Ry is helping the construction crew and Maggie is with Deanna."

"Be safe," Daryl says, picking his feet up to his bike, "Don't kill."

--

"Sakiko," Carol's voice rings out, too serious for Sakiko's liking.

"Whatever you think I did, Nanami did it."

"No, it's not that," Carol shakes her head, "I need your help."

"Word?"

"Something isn't right with the Anderson family," she begins, "I need your help to.. confirm my suspicions."

"What's that?" Sakiko wonders.

"I think Pete is hitting Jessie. Maybe their kids. I need you to help me look into it."

"You want me to spy?"

"Yes."

Sakiko tilts her head back and forth, "At least you're upfront about it. I'll see what I can see."

Sakiko hops off the barstool in the kitchen, heading to the door until Carol grabs her arm.

"Speaking of Nanami.." Carol begins, "Is he doing okay?"

"Getting there," Sakiko nods, "Why?"

"He hasn't been by our house.. well since we've been here. Is everything between him and Sophia good?"

Sakiko hesitates, immediately regretting it. Even though she didn't say anything, Carol could pick up on the smallest of cues possible.

"Did something happen?"

"No," Sakiko tells the truth, "And I think that's the problem- that nothing is happening."

"I don't even know how to begin talking to her about boys," Carol admits, "If you figure that one out, too.. I'll clean your house for a week."

"Oh, hells yeah, deal," Sakiko shakes Carol's hand.

"Deal."

--

"I know you've probably heard it a hundred times.. But, I gotta ask how you're related," Aaron sighs, "It's been eating me up inside."

"He kidnapped us," Nanami says with a mouthful of his sandwich.

"You're the one that asked me to go," Daryl glares, lightly kicking the younger man's foot.

"I.." Aaron trails off, not even sure where his own words were going.

"You want the real story?" Nanami asks.

"Well.. I would hope."

"Our dad was a piece of shit. Daryl here got us out of it. Then, shit really hit the fan."